Pgie is chaotic when add videorate to deepstream-app

Because i don’t know fps of input source, so i want to set fps of input source is constant. I modified deepstream-app to add videorate element for each source (code is below for reproducing):

bin->video_rate = gst_element_factory_make (“videorate”, “video_rate”);
if (!bin->video_rate) {
NVGSTDS_ERR_MSG_V (“Could not create element ‘videorate’”);
goto done;
}
caps = //gst_caps_new_empty_simple (“video/x-raw”);
gst_caps_new_simple (“video/x-raw”,
“format”, G_TYPE_STRING, “RGBA”,
“framerate”, GST_TYPE_FRACTION, 10 , 1,
NULL);
feature = gst_caps_features_new (“memory:NVMM”, NULL);
gst_caps_set_features (caps, 0, feature);

NVGSTDS_LINK_ELEMENT (bin->nvvidconv, bin->video_rate);
NVGSTDS_LINK_ELEMENT (bin->video_rate, bin->cap_filter1);

However, pgie is chaotic after that. I think order of frame after pgie is wrong. It’s ok if pgie is disable. Can you help me?

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) jetson nano
• DeepStream Version 6.0
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version 8.0.3.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

some questions:
1 I didn’t find bin->nvvidconv in 6.0 deepstream-app code, is that the whole code modification?
2 why do you want to set fps of input source is constant? are you testing one stream or multiple streams? “batched-push-timeout” of Gst-nvstreammux can cover the case of the inconstant fps.
3 what do you mean about “pgie is chaotic”?

1. I modified create_uridecode_src_bin function in source/apps/apps-common/src/deepstream_source_bin.c
  2. I tested with multistream. Output of pgie is delayed because inference time of pgie is slow. If output not delay, i have to use “drop-frame-interval”, but I can’t know fps of input exactly so i can’t fix value for “drop-frame-interval”. Therefore, I need videorate element to fix fps input (here is 10).
  3. Bboxs and objects are mismatch. I will send to you video output.
1 Like

1 ok , please let me see the video output.
2 what is your video source type? please provide the whole code diff, config file.

I added video output and config for deepstream-app
Patch file for deepstream_app:
a.patch (2.7 KB)

config.txt (4.4 KB)

diff.patch (1019 Bytes)
please try this patch and your config.

It’s ok, thank for your help!
Can you explain why the order of pipeline is videorate->nvvidconv?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.