Photosop Elements

Hi, can NVIDIA Texture Tool Exporter be integrated into Photoshop Elements 8 and if so how do you do it? Many thanks.

The plugin doesn’t officially support Photoshop Elements 8, unfortunately. However, the standalone version can be used on any Windows system.

However, if you want to try using the Photoshop plugin with Photoshop Elements (and let me know if this works), you can try running the Texture Tools Exporter Photoshop installer, but then when it asks for the Photoshop plug-ins folder location, specify the Photoshop Elements plug-ins folder instead. (This should be something like C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020\Plug-ins). Please note that there is no guarantee this will work (though let me know if it does!) - Photoshop Elements isn’t officially supported, and Photoshop Elements 8 is old enough that there might be a backwards compatibility mismatch (the plugin is compiled for CC >= 2019).

If it doesn’t work, one can always use the standalone exporter; it should also be able to read .psd files (if they’re saved with compatibility enabled).

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the very prompt reply. I have tried putting the tools onto the plugin folder but it still does not work. Elements still wont open the DDS files stating they are the wrong type. I will try the standalone version. Many thanks.