PhysX with DirectX

Hello!
It’s my first topic on this forum. Nvidia PhysX is really great library for game development.
I have some knowledge in DirectX 10. I want to use PhysX with DirectX 10. But when I try to compile the code, I get a lot of linker errors.
I have downloaded the latest PhysX sdk for windows. I have read the documentation and examples, but everything is in Open GL.
Well, I can compile examples, create a new PhysX project, initialize and shut down the PhysX. But when I add the DirectX 10, I get a lot of linker errors.

I’m not sure, but the problem is CRT conflict between PhysX and DirectX sdks.
In latest PhysX online guide is written:
“Note
The static libraries we provide with the Windows binary distribution are linked against the Multi-Threaded static C Run-Time (CRT) libraries. This means that your application must also use the same CRT flavor. If you need to use a different CRT version, you must upgrade to our source license. The source distribution can simply be recompiled using different CRT settings.”

My direct X projects are linked against /MD. When I try to link them against /MT, linker errors again.
Does anybody know the solution? If recompiling is necessary, how is it done?

Thank you for you help.
P.S. It would be nice to post a tutorial about PhysX + DirectX, because there are a lot of people, who are interested in both SDKs.

Hi,

can you post some error messages?
I guess you are using Physx 3.3 dont you?

The examples are only to show how PhysX works, you are on your own to use it with DirectX.
(I´m using Ogre as my renderer engine)

Of course, PhysX is only a physic SDK - you have to code what ever you want with it and you are for
everything else responseable.

The only thing you could recompile are the samples, snipptes and the extentions with the “free” version of PhysX. I also got some errors linkig against the PxExtentions libs, but after recompiling with the right settings, everything works again.

Its not hard to implement PhysX with DirectX, you should only know how to convert the transformation and rotation if necessary.

Everything else is said in the PhysX Guide or self explained in the snippets / samples.

(Maybe you have to ignore some standart libs to link successfully)