Platform Adaptation: Porting Linux Kernel

I am trying to use a customized carrier board with Jetson TX1 and I am following Platform Adaptation and Bring-Up Guide.

I have ported U-Boot by downloading the U-Boot source code from git and making the modifications mentioned in the guide. I am not sure if this is the right way to do it or if linux systems already have these source files stored somewhere which I should modify?

Also, I tried a similar approach to port the Linux Kernel.The instructions in the guide says:

From the arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-platforms/ directory, copy each
file whose name has the form:
tegra210-jetson-cv----.dtsi
Copy each file to:
arch/arm64/boot/dts/tegra210-platforms/tegra210--
.dtsi

Inside the source files for linux kernel, which I downloaded from git, I don’t see tegra210-platforms
directory. However, there is an nvidia directory, but it doesn’t seem to have a dtsi file corresponding to any kind of . At this point I am pretty sure I have taken a wrong turn somewhere. Kindly provide guidance.

Those instructions appear to be from an older release, e.g., R24.2. What release are you using?

FYI, the driver package comes with file “source_sync.sh” (JetPack downloads the driver package, but I just download the driver package by itself). You can use this to download both kernel and U-Boot source for R28.2 (current release) via:

# Kernel:
./source_sync.sh -k tegra-l4t-r28.2
# U-Boot:
./source_sync.sh -u tegra-l4t-r28.2

This also downloads some subdirectories which some kernel configs might reference using relative paths outside of the kernel source itself.

Hi skr_robo,

I can’t open the doc link you provided, and the latest version of TX1 Platform Adaptation and Bring-Up Guide we published is https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-driver-package-tx1-adaptation-guide

Thanks

I have downloaded the source for R28.2 (release that I am using). And the instructions being used are from the guide posted by @kaycc. The reason why I am confused is because a lot of details mentioned in the guide doesn’t match what I am seeing in the source directory structure. I have made a lot of assumptions so far to proceed. I am looking for better instruction set if available.

Sorry about the link. I think it expired because I just copied the pdf link when I was logged in. However, it is same as what you have posted.

If you have problem in building “kernel source”, please refer to L4T document. https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/l4t-documentation-28-2-ga