Portability Problems

Hi, in order to make some cuda functions i wrote useable in a professional software, it’s necessary to avoid any exceptions according to the cuda code.

My first problem is to avoid DLL exceptions (DLL not found). The Software is completely written in Visual C (Windows), and i don’t even know how to avoid any error which is not based on my own code. Is it possible in any way to avoid errors at runtime on non-cuda cards, like older NVidia’s and ATI’s?

My second Problem is, that the Software has a 32 Bit Version and a 64 Bit Version. Unfortunately I only have one version (64 Bit), of cutil.dll (Cutil64D.lib). Is it Possible to Install 2 Cuda Toolkits parallel (32 and 64 Bit), and will the 32 Bit libs Work properly on a 64 Bit Machine?

Hi, in order to make some cuda functions i wrote useable in a professional software, it’s necessary to avoid any exceptions according to the cuda code.

My first problem is to avoid DLL exceptions (DLL not found). The Software is completely written in Visual C (Windows), and i don’t even know how to avoid any error which is not based on my own code. Is it possible in any way to avoid errors at runtime on non-cuda cards, like older NVidia’s and ATI’s?

My second Problem is, that the Software has a 32 Bit Version and a 64 Bit Version. Unfortunately I only have one version (64 Bit), of cutil.dll (Cutil64D.lib). Is it Possible to Install 2 Cuda Toolkits parallel (32 and 64 Bit), and will the 32 Bit libs Work properly on a 64 Bit Machine?

You should not use cutil in professional software. It’s unsupported and a maintenance nightmare. You’ll have to implement the functions you need in your own code (but can certainly take some inspiration by how cutil does them).

You should not use cutil in professional software. It’s unsupported and a maintenance nightmare. You’ll have to implement the functions you need in your own code (but can certainly take some inspiration by how cutil does them).