power supply for 3 GTX280 on MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX

Hi, I am searching a good PSU that can run up to 3 GTX280 graphic cards on a MSI K9A2 Platinum 790FX mobo. Does anyone know about this mobo and have some suggestions? Are there any other things I should pay attention in addition to watts? Thanks.

You might want to take a look something like at the Thermaltake W0133. It is a 1200W 80+ certified design which has three 6 pin PCI-e leads three 8 pin PCI-e leads (which you need for the GTX 280).

I found BFG EX 1200 Power Supply is a bit cheaper than Thermaltake W0133. It also has 3 pin PCI-e and 8 pin PCI-e. Any thoughts on this PSU? Thanks

The things you should look at are the connectors available (a 6 pin and 8 pin per card for the GTX 280, two 6 pins per card for a GTX 285). Another big thing is 12V amps. You want almost all the rated power to be available on at 12V, which is the case for both of these units. Warranty is another issue. Check out what the manufacturers offer. I picked out the Corsair HX 1000 to run up to 3 GTX 285s recently. The GTX 285 is going to be faster and use less power than the GTX 280, if you have the option to go that way.

If you want to find good review and tests for power supplies, go to http://www.jonnyguru.com/.