Prime Synchronization Broken Nvidia 2080-max-q linux-5.5.13 and nvidia-440.64-9

Nvidia 2080-max-q linux-5.5.13.arch2-1 and nvidia-dkms-440.64-9:

~ xrandr --output eDP-1-1 --set “PRIME Synchronization” 1
~ xrandr --verbose | grep PRIME
PRIME Synchronization: 0

I’ve attached 2 logs from the bug report tool, one running my desktop manager, and the other with startx verbose. This is causing screen tearing on both the prime display and an external gsync display wired directly to the video card.

Additional Info: I can run on the Intel UHD internal graphics chip without issue (excluding the external monitor not working), I can also run just on the nvidia card without any prime setup, but then the internal laptop monitor does not work. Thus I need to use prime to get internal and external displays working at the same time. Something to do with the way the internal display is connected I’d imagine.

nvidia-bug-report-lightdm.log (920.1 KB) nvidia-bug-report-verbose-only-external-monitor-works-because-of-prime.log (1.1 MB)

I have tried applying the kernel 5.5 and 5.6 patch to the DKMS driver, running the stock driver, and rolling back to kernel 5.3.9. None of that alleviated the issue.

Looks to be the same issue as this:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=251032

It may be that the fix never worked for this particular card.

Prime Synchronization Broken 2080-max-q linux-5.5.13 and nvidia-440.64 / Kernel & Hardware / Arch Linux Forums - Found a solution to get prime rendering working.