Printing all OpenCL devices Not detecting all OpenCL devices under Windows

I wrote a little bit of code to read out the OpenCL devices on a computer and some selected information about each device.

int main()

{

unsigned int i, j;				//iterator variables for loops

cl_platform_id platforms[32];			//an array to hold the IDs of all the platforms, hopefuly there won't be more than 32

cl_uint num_platforms;				//this number will hold the number of platforms on this machine

char vendor[1024];				//this strirng will hold a platforms vendor

cl_device_id devices[32];			//this variable holds the number of devices for each platform, hopefully it won't be more than 32 per platform

cl_uint num_devices;				//this number will hold the number of devices on this machine

char deviceName[1024];				//this string will hold the devices name

cl_uint numberOfCores;				//this variable holds the number of cores of on a device

cl_long amountOfMemory;				//this variable holds the amount of memory on a device

cl_uint clockFreq;				//this variable holds the clock frequency of a device

cl_ulong maxAlocatableMem;			//this variable holds the maximum allocatable memory

cl_ulong localMem;				//this variable holds local memory for a device

cl_bool	available;				//this variable holds if the device is available

//get the number of platforms

clGetPlatformIDs (32, platforms, &num_platforms);

printf("\nNumber of platforms:\t%u\n\n", num_platforms);

//this is a loop for platforms

for(i = 0; i < num_platforms; i++)

{

printf("Platform:\t\t%u\n\n", i);

clGetPlatformInfo (platforms[i], CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR, sizeof(vendor), vendor, NULL);

printf("\tPlatform Vendor:\t%s\n", vendor);

clGetDeviceIDs (platforms[i], CL_DEVICE_TYPE_ALL, sizeof(devices), devices, &num_devices);

printf("\tNumber of devices:\t%u\n\n", num_devices);

//this is a loop for devices

for(j = 0; j < num_devices; j++)

{

//scan in device information

clGetDeviceInfo(devices[j], CL_DEVICE_NAME, sizeof(deviceName), deviceName, NULL);

clGetDeviceInfo(devices[j], CL_DEVICE_VENDOR, sizeof(vendor), vendor, NULL);

clGetDeviceInfo(devices[j], CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS, sizeof(numberOfCores), &numberOfCores, NULL);

clGetDeviceInfo(devices[j], CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE, sizeof(amountOfMemory), &amountOfMemory, NULL);

clGetDeviceInfo(devices[j], CL_DEVICE_MAX_CLOCK_FREQUENCY, sizeof(clockFreq), &clockFreq, NULL);

clGetDeviceInfo(devices[j], CL_DEVICE_MAX_MEM_ALLOC_SIZE, sizeof(maxAlocatableMem), &maxAlocatableMem, NULL);

clGetDeviceInfo(devices[j], CL_DEVICE_LOCAL_MEM_SIZE, sizeof(localMem), &localMem, NULL);

clGetDeviceInfo(devices[j], CL_DEVICE_AVAILABLE, sizeof(available), &available, NULL);

//print out device information

printf("\tDevice: %u\n", j);

printf("\t\tName:\t\t\t\t%s\n", deviceName);

printf("\t\tVendor:\t\t\t\t%s\n", vendor);

printf("\t\tAvailable:\t\t\t%s\n", available ? "Yes" : "No");

printf("\t\tCompute Units:\t\t\t%u\n", numberOfCores);

printf("\t\tClock Frequency:\t\t%u mHz\n", clockFreq);

printf("\t\tGlobal Memory:\t\t\t%0.00f mb\n", (double)amountOfMemory/1048576);

printf("\t\tMax Allocateable Memory:\t%0.00f mb\n", (double)maxAlocatableMem/1048576);

printf("\t\tLocal Memory:\t\t\t%u kb\n\n", (unsigned int)localMem);

}

}

return 0;

}

On my macbook pro (running Mac OS 10.6 so OpenCL is already installed) I detect 3 OpenCL devices with this code, (2 nVidia Cards and my Core 2 Duo processor), everything works great.

On my windows desktop I have an nVidia card and a core 2 Quad processor. I’m using Visual Studio 9 and the OpenCL SDK that came with CUDA 4.0. I’m only detecting my video card with this code (not my multi-core processor as well).

Does the OpenCL implementation that comes with CUDA only work with nVidia Graphics Cards? Is there another implementation I can install that includes support for Multi-core CPUs?

Yes.

Yes, see here.

Thanks a lot!