Problem accessing gRPC services provided by TensorRT Inference Server from Java client

I got the proto files from ‘https://github.com/NVIDIA/triton-inference-server/tree/master/src/core’ and generated the java stubs for gRPC client. The proto files are using proto3. When my client is trying to access the health or status endpoint I am getting the following error.

io.grpc.StatusRuntimeException: UNIMPLEMENTED
io.grpc.StatusRuntimeException: UNIMPLEMENTED
at io.grpc.stub.ClientCalls.toStatusRuntimeException(ClientCalls.java:240)
at io.grpc.stub.ClientCalls.getUnchecked(ClientCalls.java:221)
at io.grpc.stub.ClientCalls.blockingUnaryCall(ClientCalls.java:140)
at com.aexp.cas.variable.clientstub.GRPCServiceGrpc$GRPCServiceBlockingStub.status(GRPCServiceGrpc.java:481)
at com.aexp.cas.variable.client.Client.main(Client.java:49)

I am using the following docker image for tensorrt inference server.

[nvcr.io/nvidia/tensorrtserver:19.10-py3]

Has it something to do with the version of the tensorrt inference server not supporting proto 3?

Client code snippet:

   try {
        HealthRequest healthRequest;
        HealthResponse healthResponse;
        StatusRequest statusRequest;
        StatusResponse statusResponse;

        Client client = new Client("localhost:8001");

        healthRequest = HealthRequest.newBuilder().setMode("live").build();
        healthResponse = blockingStub.health(healthRequest);
        System.out.println(healthResponse.toString());

        statusRequest = StatusRequest.newBuilder().build();
        statusResponse = blockingStub.status(statusRequest);
        System.out.println(statusResponse.toString());

    }catch(Exception e){
        System.out.println(e.toString());
        e.printStackTrace();
    }
    finally {
        // A Channel should be shutdown before stopping the process.
        channel.shutdownNow();
    }

I was able to finally make it work. I changed the package in the proto files to reflect my project structure which was causing it. I reverted to the original package and it worked.