Problem with camera Leopard Imaging + JCB004+ Jetson Xavier

I have Jetson Xavier + Xavier GMSL Camera Platform (JCB004) + Leopard Imaging cameras (IMX390 and IMX233 matrices). I want to get a normal image from the cameras, but it is blurred, see the pictures below.

It is also not possible to get a video stream using standard programs. The guvcview program, which is recommended by Leopard Imaging, does not find video cameras. But if you run video_viewer from the repository GitHub - dusty-nv/jetson-inference: Hello AI World guide to deploying deep-learning inference networks and deep vision primitives with TensorRT and NVIDIA Jetson. and then run guvcview then the cameras are detected, but the video stream is not received. And even it turns out to set some of the parameters for a fraction of a second.

Hence the question of how to simply start the video stream from these cameras and still be able to set the settings?

Have a try nvgstcapture-1.0

Hi andrey16,
I assume you are using the IMX390 and AR0233 (instead of IMX233) camera.
Do the cameras include external ISP (like GW5200)? If not, the guvcview won’t work, please try nvgstcapture-1.0, Argus or gstreamer.
For the blurred image issue, it seems that the bit rate is too low. Please also make sure the lens is focused well. If the issue is still there, please try disable De-noise to see if it helps.

Yes I have 4 types of cameras: 1) LI-IMX390-MGCL2 2) LI - IMX390-MGCL2+GW5200 3) LI-AR0233-MGCL2 4)LI-AR0233-MGCL2 + GW5200.

When I connect the camera with the GW5200 and run the app, guvcview does not detect the camera.

Cameras without the GW5200 give a picture via nvgstcapture-1.0, but could you tell me how to adjust the picture (set the exposure parameters, gamma, and so on)

Hi andrey16,
Have you installed the driver for GW5200 camera? I am not sure if Connecttech has the drivers for the JCB004 board + GW5200 camera. You can check with them.
For the camera without GW5200, you can use Argus to run the camera and adjust the exposure and other features on GUI. The Gamma cannot be adjusted.

Thank you for your quick support.
The driver was installed according to the description on the site https://connecttech.com/product/xavier-gmsl-camera-platform/

If you need to install the driver separately for the camera with the GW5200, where can I find the instructions ?

P.S. In the system, the camera is defined as /dev/video0

Hi andrey16,

I am not sure if Connettech have the drivers for JCB004 + GW5200 camera. You can check with them.

Thanks for the help. One last question. Is there any software node for ROS (Robot Operating System)?

Hi Andrey16,
I don’t have software node info for ROS, but I found below link. Hope it helps.
Robot Operating System ROS on NVIDIA Jetson | Robot Operating System ROS | RidgeRun

Good afternoon. In general, the LI-IMX390 cameras work through gstreamer, but it is still unclear how to improve the picture. It is not clear how to adjust the gamma, exposure meter and other camera parameters. The picture is still blurred and the colors are dim.

Hi andrey16,

Have you installed the ISP file (camera_overrides.isp)? You can use parameters to change the exposure, analog gain, digital ISP gain and other features with Gstreamer command or Argus GUI.
Below is an example.
gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc tnr-mode=0 sensor-id=0 ispdigitalgainrange=“3 256” ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), width=(int)1920, height=(int)1080, framerate=30/1’ ! nvvidconv flip-method=0 ! ‘video/x-raw, format=(string)I420’ ! xvimagesink -e

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.