Problem with installing Isaac SDK on Ubuntu 20.04

Hello,

I am trying to install Isaac SDK(isaac-sdk-20210609-e336b5195) on Lenovo P620 and have this error:

[INFO] Installing packages - libvpx5 libtwolame-dev libtheora-bin libspeex1
E: Unable to locate package libvpx5
[ERROR] Failed to install packages - libvpx5 libtwolame-dev libtheora-bin libspeex1

OS release:
NAME=“Ubuntu”
VERSION=“20.04.3 LTS (Focal Fossa)”

How to fix this problem?

Best regards,
Joseph

2 Likes

Isaac SDK 2021.1 only supports on Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) unfortunately. You can use the script engine/engine/build/docker/create_image.sh to build a Docker image and develop within that Bionic container (my preferred method running on Focal). Alternatively, you can try updating the dependency list yourself by searching https://packages.ubuntu.com to find the right packages install on Focal, but your mileage will vary.

What does it mean “develop within that Bionic container” ?

You can build/run with your workspace directory mounted from your local file system into the running container.

I didn’t understand.

My apologies, let me try again. You can launch the Docker container with docker run and use the -v option to mount your host directory into the container. From the shell inside the running container, you can run your bazel commands as normal including build and run all with the appropriate environment.