Problem with old Nvidia Control/Monitor Panel with new Geforce 740M

Dear All

I have the following problem. I have a Asus K56 portable with an i7 (with embeded intel graphics unit) and with a Nvidia 740M. I have some programs in CUDA running in the Nvidia. I force to install a old Nvidia Monitor from 2009 (in the Nvidia Control Panel appears differently) but it says that is compatible with GeForce. It said also that it permits to make overclock to the Nvidia. But It says in the Nvidia Control Panel that the clocks passed from (800-GPU, 1600-Memory) to (400, 800) and the programs start to run in the double of the time. Because the program (Monitor) is old one and it do not have the fastest clocks to configure.

Can any one could suggest what I have to do to fall forward to the old clocks?

Thanks

Luis Gonçalves

Hello with nvinspector you can unlock minimum and maximum clocks but watch out the maximum clock is 4000 mhz so you gpu will crash instand if you go that high @-@

Thanks for the information. I will not overclock my system because I think that it was not done to do so. I tried to monitor the temperature of the GPU. That is why I installed Nvidia Monitor. I solved the problem uninstalling the offending program. There is any program to monitor the temperature of the Geforce 740M?

Thanks
Luis Gonçalves

gpu-z will do that.