problem with openMP, PGI 19.4

Hi All,

A while ago I reported a problem with compiling my (large) code using FORTRAN and openMP. The code would not compile with the -mp flag using PGI version 19.4, but it compiled fine on earlier versions. This was logged at TR #27115. At the time (early April), I was given a license to version 18.10. I tried to compile some code today, and the license has expired, given that we are now in November of 2019. So I have a few questions:

1. Is there another Community Edition coming out soon, and if so, has issue #27115 been addressed? As I noted, the codes compiled on previous versions (and also gfortran), so somehow there was a bit of a regression with 19.4.

2. If some kind of fix is not forthcoming, what can I do about the expired 18.10 license?

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi Jerome,

Let me inquire with our legal team to see if we can extend the license. That particular TPR is an open issue and that puts in you in a bit of a bind given that 18.10’s expiration is fast approaching.

Thanks for checking. I noticed the new Community Edition is out, but as you noted that specific issue has not been addressed.

The 18.10 license expired already (I think it expired November 1, but I did not actually try to compile anything until November 3).

For what it is worth, I have ported the code from Fortran-77 to Fortran-90 and now use the ALLOCATABLE arrays, but the compilation still fails when using the -mp flag.

Jerry

Hi All,

I received an updated license.dat file, and the Version 18.10 compilers are working again. Thanks for sending this over.

Jerry