problem with running CUDA 1.1 SDK examples the information at output window

I install CUDA 1.1 on WinXP, and compile and run successfully with MS VS 2005.

I noticed that there are some strange information in the “output” window, if the example is executed with debug mode (i.e. use “F5” to run a debug version).

The execution seems sucessful (“Test PASSED” is shown). however, after the execution, in the “output” window of VS 2005 I saw the following line:

“First-chance exception at 0x7c812a5b in asyncAPI.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0012fcb0…”

especially for asyncAPI, lots of such information is shown.

I wonder whether other people meet the same problem. And, why such exception information is generated? is there something wrong?

I have the same problem, too.

I had installed CUDA 1.1 SDK and toolkits, but when I execute the .exe file that will show a message:
“Cuda error in file ‘particleSystem.cu’ in line 80: invalid argument”

I found out the code in line 80:
“CUDA_SAFE_CALL(cudaGLUnregisterBufferObject(vbo));”

If I execute some examples that include this kind of code, the error will generate.

Why did I get this error? How do I solve this problem?

Thank you.

Did you ever find out what causes this? I experience the same thing in various SDK samples and in my own code.

I found out that when calling cudaThreadExit() before the application quits the exception is not thrown. This is strange especially because the guide states: “cudaThreadExit() is implicitly called on host thread exit.”

Me too.

All of the samples that I have tried give errors like:

cudaError_enum at memory location 0x0012fa98…

Win XP Home 2002

9800GX2 (with and without SLI mode has same effect)

NVIDIA Toolkit beta 20a