Problem with textures in CUDA Simplest way to run CUDA with a texture as input and an other one as o

Hello everybody !

I am new with CUDA, and maybe that’s why I fail to make CUDA processing textures which are stored by openGL.

What I want to do:

Two textures, which are also used by openGL are with equal rights. The first is used as a input to the CUDA process the ohter as output. The resolution and the Format are the same. But I want the setting, that you can switch the role of these textures anytime.

Firstly I tried to create a texture in openGL with a corresponding CUDA-Resource as follow:

void createTexture2D(GLuint *textureName, struct cudaGraphicsResource **texture_res,

unsigned int texture_res_flag)

{

if(textureName)

{

glGenTextures(1, textureName);

glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, *textureName);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA16F_ARB, mesh_width, mesh_height, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);

//glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, mesh_width, mesh_height, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, 0);

//glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_ALPHA16F_ARB, mesh_width, mesh_height, 0, GL_ALPHA, GL_FLOAT, 0);

//GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0,GL_RGBA32F, 16, 16,16,                0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT,data

cutilSafeCall(cudaGraphicsGLRegisterImage(texture_res, *textureName, GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture_res_flag));

}

else

{

printf("Fehler in Datei: %s Zeile %s : Textur konnte nicht richtig initialisert werde.", __FILE__, __LINE__);

}

}

As far as good, when I trie to use this cuda-resource with:

cutilSafeCall(cudaGraphicsResourceGetMappedPointer((void **)&dptrTexA, &num_bytesTexA,  

cuda_texture_resourceA));

I got a runtime Error:

So I look at the others CUDA Samples (postProcessGL ,recursiveGaussian, …) but I can hardly understand everything and I am of the opinion that they are too complex for my “simple” Problem.

Is there anyone who can give me a hint how I can go forward (I am trying since days but without any success)?

The Format of the textures should be GL_FLOAT if possible.

Thanks a lot !

Many regards

Matthias

PS. Am running a GeForce 460GT on Windows 7 if this matters.

Hello everybody !

I am new with CUDA, and maybe that’s why I fail to make CUDA processing textures which are stored by openGL.

What I want to do:

Two textures, which are also used by openGL are with equal rights. The first is used as a input to the CUDA process the ohter as output. The resolution and the Format are the same. But I want the setting, that you can switch the role of these textures anytime.

Firstly I tried to create a texture in openGL with a corresponding CUDA-Resource as follow:

void createTexture2D(GLuint *textureName, struct cudaGraphicsResource **texture_res,

unsigned int texture_res_flag)

{

if(textureName)

{

glGenTextures(1, textureName);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);

glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA16F_ARB, mesh_width, mesh_height, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);

//glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, mesh_width, mesh_height, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, 0);

//glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_ALPHA16F_ARB, mesh_width, mesh_height, 0, GL_ALPHA, GL_FLOAT, 0);

//GL_TEXTURE_3D, 0,GL_RGBA32F, 16, 16,16,                0, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT,data

cutilSafeCall(cudaGraphicsGLRegisterImage(texture_res, *textureName, GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture_res_flag));

}

else

{

printf("Fehler in Datei: %s Zeile %s : Textur konnte nicht richtig initialisert werde.", __FILE__, __LINE__);

}

}

As far as good, when I trie to use this cuda-resource with:

cutilSafeCall(cudaGraphicsResourceGetMappedPointer((void **)&dptrTexA, &num_bytesTexA,  

cuda_texture_resourceA));

I got a runtime Error:

So I look at the others CUDA Samples (postProcessGL ,recursiveGaussian, …) but I can hardly understand everything and I am of the opinion that they are too complex for my “simple” Problem.

Is there anyone who can give me a hint how I can go forward (I am trying since days but without any success)?

The Format of the textures should be GL_FLOAT if possible.

Thanks a lot !

Many regards

Matthias

PS. Am running a GeForce 460GT on Windows 7 if this matters.