Problem with the Tutorial For RealSense-based Reconstruction

Dear Community,

Im following the “Tutorial For RealSense-based Reconstruction”, however, I encountered the following error as described in the " Troubleshoot for RealSense-based Reconstruction Example". I tried to look for “Emitter On Off” switch in the Realsense-Viewer, and I can’t find it. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I also rebuilt the package without CUDA, it still won’t work… |||>_<

Screenshot from 2023-01-06 13-44-54

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Tse Lin

[nvblox_node-3] Warning: Invalid frame ID “odom” passed to canTransform argument target_frame - frame does not exist
[nvblox_node-3] at line 93 in /opt/ros/humble/src/geometry2/tf2/src/buffer_core.cpp
[nvblox_node-3] Warning: Invalid frame ID “odom” passed to canTransform argument target_frame - frame does not exist
[nvblox_node-3] at line 93 in /opt/ros/humble/src/geometry2/tf2/src/buffer_core.cpp

Have you been able to confirm that the realsense_camera2 is publishing any frames on the left or right IR topics at all? Have you updated your Realsense firmware and librealsense-* packages to the latest from Intel?

Dear Mr, Hemals,

Once again thank you for the reply!

I clicked More-> Check for Updates, then the Realsense Viewer says SW/FW Versions All Up to Date:

However, if I clicke Update Firmware, it shows this then crash:

Im not so sure about how to check “librealsense-* packages”

In RVIZ, I can get live video from some of the topocs , as follow (V = yes, X = no):

• Topics before splitter
    • /camera/color/image_raw V
    • /camera/depth/image_rect_raw V
    • /camera/infra1/image_rect_raw V
    • /camera/infra2/image_rect_raw X
  • Topics after splitter
    • /camera/realsense_splitter_node/output/depth V
    • /camera/realsense_splitter_node/output/infra_1 X
    • /camera/realsense_splitter_node/output/infra_2 X

Any suggestions?

Sincerely,
Tse

The issue here may be that the D415 has a slower rolling shutter, not a global shutter like the D435. We have not tested with the D415 but from reports on the Intel RealSense forums, the emitter strobing options aren’t available on the D415 because of the slow shutter (emitter can’t flicker in sync with the IR imagers). This would explain why the option is not available in realsense-viewer. With realsense-viewer v2.53.1 and a D435, I am able to see the Emitter option as described in the troubleshooting. https://support.intelrealsense.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360050306214-D415-Laser-Intensity