Problems with Ubuntu 20.04 and RTX 3060

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[ 139.342524] Lockdown: modprobe: unsigned module loading is restricted; see man kernel_lockdown.7

Please disable Secure Boot in BIOS.

It’s done. I have rebooting my laptop by now I’m blocking here :

Can you switch to a virtual terminal? Ctrl+Alt+F3 (F1 to F8 are availabe, try all if necessary).

Then show the output of prime-select query. Create another bug report. Switch to on-demand (sudo prime-select on-demand)… See if that gets you a graphical login.

I have the same probleme, I don’t have graphical login

What about the console login on the virtual terminal? What about the bug report?
I mean, really, how is one supposed to help without any data?

How I can get the bug report if I just have access to a virtual terminal ?

Your primary gpu is the AMD but the driver is missing. Previously it used efifb fallback since no graphics was available. Now it’s using only the nvidia gpu whch doesn’t have a connection to the internal display. Please try installing the amd driver by running

sudo apt-get install linux-modules-extra-$(uname -r)

and reboot.

It’s done. I have reboot but I’m at the same point. « Finished Update UTMP about system Runlevel Changes »

Please create a new nvidia-bug-report.log
If you have internet connection, you can use pastebinit to upload it from console.

• install pastebinit (sudo apt install pastebinit)
  • unzip logfile (gunzip nvidia-bug-report.log.gz)
  • upload logfile (pastebinit -i nvidia-bug-report.log)
  • note down and post the url you’re given
1 Like

Or just reenable secure boot so the nvidia driver gets disabled and efifb fallback is used again. Then you can more conveniently fix your amdgpu driver.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/KrvkrymuJQ/

“Paste not found”
Typo?

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/gstmtRD7YH/

Sorry

This is odd, the 5.11 kernel of 20.04 should well support your amd gpu with pci-id 1002:1638, nevertheless the driver doesn’t show up.
Please make sure it’s really installed running
modinfo amdgpu

I have executed the command, what i expected to have ?

Either some info about the module or ERROR:module not found. In the first case, it’s installed, in the latter case, not.

Ok so it’s installed

Please try running
sudo update-initramfs -u
to embed the driver in the initrd and reboot.

it’s done… same that my last screen