Profiling a pipeline with gst-nvtracker

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
RTX 2060
• DeepStream Version
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
Questions

Hello,
I’m trying to profile a pipeline with the gst-nvtracker plugin, using the nvds_nvmultiobjecttracker.so library using Nsight Systems (2023.1.1). It seems that the tracker library includes calls to cudaProfilerStart/Stop:

This unfortunately results in significant profiler overhead:

See “CUDA profiling data flush” being triggered in each nvtracker batch.

Is there a way to remove the calls to cudaProfilerStart/Stop, perhaps by some argument/ENV variable?

I have also asked on the forum if it is possible to bypass this on the nsys side (Excessive CUDA profiling data flush)

• How to reproduce the issue?
Running an example from this repo: GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps: DeepStream SDK Python bindings and sample applications shows this to a lesser extent (since this demo app includes a graphical output, the flush isn’t blocking anything, but it can still be observed on the timeline):
cd deepstream_python_apps/apps/deepstream-nvdsanalytics
nsys profile -t cuda,nvtx python deepstream_nvdsanalytics.py file:///opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/samples/streams/sample_1080p_h264.mp4

Thanks for your suggestion, I will check internally and feedback.

Thanks for your suggestion, we will remove cudaProfilerStart/Stop in the nvtracker. It has been added into our roadmap.

This is great news, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.