Project Creation Error: Filename does not exist

I am attempting to create my first project and it is failing with the following error message:

Android wizard has encountered an error and will terminate: Precondition failed: File.Exists(fileName) Filename specified to start process does not exist

Parameter name: Filename specified to start process does not exist.

I had chosen the “Android Native Application” project type and attempted to create it in an existing folder on my C: drive (C:\source). The project name was “Android1” without the quotes. I attempted this with the option to “Create directory for solution” and without. Same results.

I am using VS Pro 2013 (12.0.21005.1 REL) with NVIDIA Nsight Tegra Development platform, Visual Studio Edition 1.5.1.

hi Larry,
it looks that your installation is not successful and missing some file. could you re install Nsight Tegra with Admin Privilege.
if it occur again, Please send us the Nsight Tegra VSE.log it should be there like this:C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\NVIDIA\Nsight Tegra\1.5.1

victor

Hi Larry,

Could you please also check some other things for us:

1. Are you able to create an Android Hello World Demo project?
  2. Do all the paths in Tools → Options → Android → General point to the correct tool locations?

I think I realized the problem. I installed just Nsight Tegra Visual Studio Edition 1.5.1 without anything else assuming that it included the prerequisites. I am now installing TADP to get the dependencies.

I’ll post back once that completes.

Installing TADP fixed it. It was not clear to me that I did not get all of the dependencies installed with Nsight Tegra. Something on the download page letting me know would be very helpful. :-)

Cheers,
Larry

glad to hear your fixing it. thank you for your improvement suggestion. we track it internally.