Properties and Filters windows make obs hang on wayland when closed

Fedora egl-wayland package has fixes for the resize issue.

https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2022-e0d91b7c0b

I know but I am talking about the segfault with obs :)

@ekurzinger @amrits Asking again to see if the error that is now happening is being looked at?

That commit you mentioned caused a number of issues, both when resizing windows and closing them. It’s almost certainly the reason for the OBS segfault you observed. The author has submitted a fix internally, I’ll get it mirrored to GitHub shortly.

Thanks for the reply. I didnt expect it on a weekend so I am surprised.

It seems other 2 Qt apps like obs are affected by it. Zoom (closing a window makes it crash) and a streaming app is hanging when going to full-screen.

@ekurzinger Is there an ETA when the fix will be mirrored?

@ekurzinger Thanks that did the trick for OBS and the other app. Zoom is still crashing (with QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland) but I am not sure if it just another issue with running Zoom inside a Wayland session and Nvidia (Xwayland and Wayland).

Thank you for fixing OBS and I will mark it as solved.

(If the Zoom issue is indeed related to egl-wayland, will it be better to open an issue on GitHub?)

Thanks for confirming, and yes, GitHub might be the better place to report the Zoom issue if it does appear to be related to egl-wayland.

@leigh123linux Can the fedora egl-wayland package be updated with the latest commit?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.