PWM Pinout Change

I have been reading the “Hardware Setup” section, where we are asked to change the pinmux of the Xaviar NX to enable PWM, and to access the readme at the location below.

Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/pinmux/t19x

I am unable to find or locate that on my L4T installation; I don’t have an nvidia or Linux_for_Tegra folder on my root location. I used the provided image file from Nvidia to set up my Xaviar NX. Is there an additional step I need to take to locate / make the L4T folder?

hello kimjungyeop,

you’ll need to install JetPack release image, there’s NVIDIA SDK Manager for setting up development environment.
please also access Jetson download center for the pinmux spreadsheets, please refer to developer guide, Pinmux changes session for more details.
thanks

Dear @JerryChang,

Thanks for your answer. What you are saying is that I need to use NVIDIA SDK Manager to install the JetPack image onto the Jetson NX, and not the “Jetson Xavier NX Developer Kit SD Card Image” from this link?

Thanks,
Steve

hello kimjungyeop,

you should install the image via NVIDIA SDK Manager for setting up the working environment to your local host machine,
for example, Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/...

Aha. So the Linux_for_Tegra/kernel/pinmux/t19x/is not on the Xaviar NX but on a local host machine (like a laptop or desktop w/ Linux)?

hello kimjungyeop,

that’s correct,

you should also check the system requirements,
NVIDIA SDK Manager is support with Ubuntu Desktop 16.04 and 18.04 on x64 system.
thanks

Dear JerryChang,

I have been able to make the .cfg files, but now am unsure how to use the cfg file to change the pinmux on the Xaviar NX. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

hello kimjungyeop,

please refer to developer guide,
you may refer to MB1 Configuration Changes chapter for the details and also the steps for updating your board’s pinmux configuration.
thanks