PX2 AutoCruise, Unable to Flash Device

Hello,

I am using DriveInstall_5.0.5.0bL_SDK_b3.run file to flash PX2 AutoCruise with Linux OS. When it reaches step “Flash AutoCruise Device with Single Guest Linux”, it is stuck for a long time and not proceeding. I have checked and verified the steps mentioned in the documentation. Could you please help me with this issue. Below is terminal log for it,

prsalunk
prsalunk
root 25231 0.0 0.0 601156 2860 ? Ssl 09:41 0:00 /home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK/_installer/sudo_daemon -installer=25181 -d=/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK/_installer/tmp
/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK///_installer/run_command -c=“/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK//_installer/configure_minicom ttyUSB2 prsalunk minirc.v4l_device.autocruise” -d=/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK///_installer/tmp -l=/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK///_installer/logs/configure_minicom_minirc.v4l_device.autocruise.log
The user prsalunk' is already a member of dialout’.
root 25231 0.0 0.0 601156 2928 ? Ssl 09:41 0:00 /home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK/_installer/sudo_daemon -installer=25181 -d=/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK/_installer/tmp
/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK///_installer/run_command -c=“/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK//_installer/configure_minicom ttyUSB1 prsalunk minirc.drivepx2.aurix” -d=/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK///_installer/tmp -l=/home/prsalunk/NVIDIA/Drive/5050bL_SDK///_installer/logs/configure_minicom_minirc.drivepx2.aurix.log
The user prsalunk' is already a member of dialout’.
Lockfile is stale. Overriding it…

Welcome to minicom 2.7.1

OPTIONS: I18n
Compiled on Aug 13 2017, 15:25:34.
Port /dev/ttyUSB1, 09:24:37

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys

Dear pranav,
Could you share host OS and kernel details(uname -a). We notice few issues with latest ubuntu 16.04 kernel versions. From terminal.log it is not clear. Can you please attach all installer the logs to investigate the issue. Could you also check with sdkmanager if you wish to get latest version?

Hello,

The output of uname -a is,

Linux prsalunk-ThinkPad-T430 4.15.0-45-generic #48-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jan 29 16:28:13 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have attached logs.zip file. With sdkmanager I still have issues with installing latest version since I get error at Step 2 saying “Could not load SDK details”, hence I am trying to install an older version (5.0.5.0bL) for now. I did try to delete and reinstall sdkmanager (also deleted ~/.nvsdkm folder), still no success.

Thank you.

logs.zip (46.7 KB)

Dear pranav,
We notice issues with ubuntu 16.04 with latest kernels. We are working to fix this issue. Could you please check with ubuntu 14.04 host or with downgrade your linux kernel version( ex. 4.15.0-32) and check installing?

Hello,

I tried flashing using different laptop with ubuntu 16.04, kernel 4.15.0-32 and with sdkmanager. Still unable to flash it. The error I got on the sdkmanager was “Could not find hardware”.

Regards,
Pranav

Dear pranav,
I assume you have connected host and target using usb debug cable. If so, can you check connecting to aurix using minicom(check minicom emulation section). If that is also working, please attach the sdkm logs for furthur investigation.

Hi pranav,

Have you managed to flash the device successfully?
If not, please attach the sdkm logs for furthur investigation.

Thanks

Hello,

I was able to flash the device with 5.0.5.0bL. I reflashed the AURIX firmware and did ‘tegrarecovery on’ and ‘tegrareset’ with which DriveInstall software was able to communicate and flash 5.0.5.0bL. However I still have issues with the sdkmanager to flash 5.0.10.3 version since I am getting stuck at Step 2 as mentioned in my previous replies.

Regards,
Pranav

Dear pranav.salunke,
This is strange. I expect you have selected Autocruise board in step 1 and proceeded.
If the board is connected you would notice it in lsusb output. Please confirm if you are you able to connect to board using minicom. If so, Could you check connecting to internet directly to avoid proxy issues. If you have stil have issue please attach screenshot of the error here to understand.