PyCuda L4T32.6.1 install missing cudaProfiler.h

Hi all,

While trying to install pycuda using pip install with this commandRUN pip3 install --no-cache-dir --global-option=build_ext --global-option="-I/usr/local/cuda-10.2/targets/aarch64-linux/include/" --global-option="-L/usr/local/cuda-10.2/targets/aarch64-linux/lib/" pycuda==2020.1, the installation failed and complained that cudaProfiler.h does not exist.

Any idea which deb package I need to install from Index to get cudaProfiler.h ?

Full error

#16 279.8 aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc -pthread -fwrapv -Wall -O3 -DNDEBUG -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fPIC -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1 -DBOOST_THREAD_BUILD_D
LL=1 -DBOOST_MULTI_INDEX_DISABLE_SERIALIZATION=1 -DBOOST_PYTHON_SOURCE=1 -Dboost=pycudaboost -DBOOST_THREAD_DONT_USE_CHRONO=1 -DPYGPU_PACKAGE=pycuda -DPYGPU_PYCUDA=1 -DHAVE_CURAND=1 -Isrc/cpp -Ibpl-subset/bpl_su
bset -I/usr/local/cuda-10.2/include -I/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/numpy/core/include -I/usr/local/cuda-10.2/targets/aarch64-linux/include/ -I/opt/python-venv/include -I/usr/include/python3.6m -c src/cpp/cuda.
cpp -o build/temp.linux-aarch64-3.6/src/cpp/cuda.o
#16 279.8 In file included from src/cpp/cuda.cpp:4:0:
#16 279.8 src/cpp/cuda.hpp:23:10: fatal error: cudaProfiler.h: No such file or directory
#16 279.8 #include <cudaProfiler.h>
#16 279.8 ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#16 279.8 compilation terminated.
#16 279.8 error: command ‘aarch64-linux-gnu-gcc’ failed with exit status 1

Hi,

I can find the file under /usr/local/cuda-10.2/targets/aarch64-linux/include/.
Would you mind checking this on your side?

More, which base image do you use?
Please make sure you have the CUDA library installed in the base first.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @AastaLLL,

Yeah doing a quick search in the include path doesn’t show my cudaProfiler.h.

We’re not using any of Nvidia’s base image and is creating one from scratch to reduce image size and we’re only installing the bare minimum of Cuda library for runtime use only.

Anyhow, I was able to figure out by checking each deb individually, the package I was looking for is cuda-nvprof-10-2=10.2.300-1

Thanks for the help :)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.