Python custom parser for a modified SSD model

Hey,
We are building upon the deepstream-python example for SSD parser - deepstream_python_apps/apps/deepstream-ssd-parser at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps · GitHub

Please help me with the following confusions

1. What is the difference between ssd_parser.py and (.so) lib object added in in the config file for pgie.

2. If the ssd_parser.py is being used for parsing, is it mandatory to link .so object for parsing?

3. And can this lib (.so) object can be coded in python in any manner?

4. So, we have a custom SSD model, where we have only one class to classify. How can we create a custom (.so) object for parsing?

5. Can we just use ssd_parser.py without the .so object? If yes? How?

I deeply apologize for any naive questions asked, very new to this topic.
Thanks in advance.

Hi.

1. They are roughly the same.
But one implement parser with python while the other is a C++ library.

2. You don’t need to link the .so.
Please see that deepstream_ssd_parser.py use it to parser bbox directly:
https://github.com/NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps/blob/master/apps/deepstream-ssd-parser/deepstream_ssd_parser.py#L284

3. You can link it in the model configure file:
For example:
https://github.com/NVIDIA-AI-IOT/deepstream_python_apps/blob/master/apps/deepstream-segmentation/dstest_segmentation_config_semantic.txt#L79

4. For simplicity, you can update the ssd_parser.py directly.

5. YES. Please update the parameter below:

Thanks.

Hey @AastaLLL

I tried removing (.so) lib from the config, file to use ssd_parser.py for parsing the output. But, I get this error.

0:00:07.556276795  3678     0x3cd770f0 ERROR                nvinfer gstnvinfer.cpp:613:gst_nvinfer_logger:<primary-inference> NvDsInferContext[UID 1]: Error in NvDsInferContextImpl::parseBoundingBox() <nvdsinfer_context_impl_output_parsing.cpp:59> [UID = 1]: Could not find output coverage layer for parsing objects
0:00:07.556342472  3678     0x3cd770f0 ERROR                nvinfer gstnvinfer.cpp:613:gst_nvinfer_logger:<primary-inference> NvDsInferContext[UID 1]: Error in NvDsInferContextImpl::fillDetectionOutput() <nvdsinfer_context_impl_output_parsing.cpp:734> [UID = 1]: Failed to parse bboxes

Hi,

The error complains about the expected coverage / bboxes output not exist.
If your output layer name changed, please also update the sample accordingly:

Thanks.