Python jetson module on yocto image

Hello,

I would like to integrate the python modules jetson.utils and jetson.inference on my Yocto image for Jetson nano devkit 2gb before compiling but I don’t know how to add them. I can’t find any “recipe” containing them in the meta-tegra layer.

Thanks

Hi @dadalen, I haven’t used Yocto before and and unfamiliar with how it works with installing stuff. Can you just build it from source? https://github.com/dusty-nv/jetson-inference/blob/master/docs/building-repo-2.md#quick-reference

Normally some scripts get called during the build process which install some dependencies from apt - my guess is you would need to change these as I don’t think Yocto has apt.

Hello @dusty_nv.
Yes, that’s what I’m trying to do, but I have different errors, especially on the dependencies present or not. That’s why I was wondering if there was a recipe to facilitate the installation of these modules.

Thanks

Unfortunately there isn’t, support for Yocto isn’t something that has been on my radar before. FWIW, I would skip some of the dependencies like PyTorch, because those aren’t actually required for running the inference (just the training examples). Hopefully that makes it a bit easier.

Okay thanks I’ll do that and keep looking.

Thanks @dusty_nv

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.