Quadro Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding (with adobe premiere)

birdy
Ok good news, finally this problem can be fixed. To do so simply disable Deep Color within the application.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to do it from nvidia cpanel or from windows. So what I did was downloading nvidiaInspector from guru3d site. run nvidiaInspector and then click on driver profile settings.

find the premiere profile and not the main profile and there:
disable Deep Color within the application

Your premiere should now work without problem.

Well, even if it is like half a year later … Thank you for the tip! I disabled Deep Color in the “Video Editing” profile via nvidiaInspector and now it works like a charm again.

The Deep Color (30 Bit color rendering) setting can only be changed via Nvidia Control Panel if you have a 30 bit display connected.

Why this setting is even relevant if you are not using a 30 bit display we will probably never know …

Is this the conclusion to this issue? Is Deep Colour the source of this kernal exception? I’ve been wrestling with this issues for a long time (months), had my machine rebuilt, changed settings, updated drives, software etc. Is this the solution and if so are Nvidia going to iron this out in a future driver release? I see I’m being pushed to update to driver 430.39 now (release date 23.04.19) is this worth the risk? I’m currently on 411.63 using a Quadro M4000.