Quadro K2000M performance issues with Skype and Chrome

I’ve been having some performance issues with my laptop’s Quadro K2000M card. I haven’t actually noticed till now because of SERIOUS driver issues with this card in my laptop, but that problem seems to be sorted (for now). Basically, I can see chrome update itself line by line when switching tabs or scrolling, and it gets much worse during a Skype video chat, like it can take a second or two to for chrome to fully update after a tab switch, window switch or scroll. Because I had to rely on the intel IGP for so long, I know that this doesn’t happen when using the Intel IGP. I’m currently using the 349.16 drivers from nvidia’s site with the debian 4.0.2 linux kernel, and Xorg 7.7 on Debian Sid.

This is just a guess, but I suspect it has something to do with GPU task scheduling, as when I run a GL benchmark, it slows everything else down to a crawl. X is barely usable at that point.

I’ll try and test under windows later today to see if I see the same issues there, as I expect to have a skype call then.

Here’s an example of what it’s like at /it’s best/.

It only gets worse from there.

Here’s the bug report log…
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (194 KB)

Any chance at getting this looked at? It basically renders the card useless for day to day work. I have reverted back to the intel HD-4000 just so using my laptop isn’t infuriating.

Two months on, and no feedback?