Queries on the implementation of custom radar decoder plugin.

Hi all,

Currently I am working on a project to incorporate our radar as an input to applications in Driveworks. Since the radar is neither Delphi ESR 2.5 nor Continental ARS430, I have to write a program that implements the costom decoder based on the interface given and compile it to a library. Then I can use the command below to make the demo application work with a custom radar. Please correct me if I am wrong.

./sample_radar_replay --protocol=radar.socket --params=ip=192.168.0.2,port=9999,device=CUSTOM,protocol=udp,decoder=/path/to/lib/libradardecoder.so

After I read through the packet definitions, I found there are a lot of structs defined that need to be filled up. So my first question is that is it compulsory to fill all of the variables(E.g. uint32_t supportedScanTypes[DW_RADAR_RETURN_TYPE_COUNT][DW_RADAR_RANGE_COUNT] in struct dwRadarProperties) or only some of the essential ones must be filled.

My second question is that in the doc page
file:///usr/local/driveworks-2.0/doc/nvsdk_html/sensorplugins_radardecoder.html
It asks me to implement five functions for decoder, but actually in the page
file:///usr/local/driveworks-2.0/doc/nvsdk_html/RadarDecoder_8h.html
I found there are more than five functions to be implement for the decoder plugin. So should I implement the additional ones? Is there any example code for a custom decoder plugin that I can refer to?

The third question was raised by my colleague. Regard the timestamp from sensor, should it be UTC time in microseconds or the clocking time from the sensor starts? Since the sensor may not have the global time on board and the sync across CAN is very slow(when the connection is CAN), we might not be able to get the exact global time in microseconds from sensor side without GPS. Could you provide an example of a valid timestamp also?

Thank you,
Zhe

Dear infohyu7s,

1. I think yes the command is correct. Please let us know if you have any issue.
  2. Could you please refer to Using custom sensors with NVIDIA DriveWorks webinar session : [url]NVIDIA: World Leader in Artificial Intelligence Computing?
  3. Could you please file a bug for this case?
    Please share bug ID, we will look into this issue.
    Please login to https://developer.nvidia.com/drive with your credentials. Please check MyAccount->MyBugs->Submit a new bug to file bug. Thanks.

Hi SteveNV,

I’ve created the thread for a bug. The bug ID should be #2713572. You can follow up from there, thank you.

Best regards,
Zhe

Hi SteveNV,

I finished the webinar session and looked into the demo code presented during the session. It seems like the demo implementation shows totally different APIs as opposed to the Plugin Interface APis in the document. Therefore, currently I am really confused on whether I should follow the document instructions to override the decoder plugin APIs or follow the webinar to implement the APIs mentioned in the demo. Actually the latter one is much easier to implement and make more sense.

Best,
Zhe

Comprehensive Sensor Plugin Framework support for Radar, GPS, and CAN sensor plugins starts from Drive Software 10.0. For custom radar, Drive Software 9.0 only supports Decoder Plugins. That’s why the APIs look different.