Question about CUDA CUDA Pre-installed GPUs

I see on the list of GPUs that support the CUDA technology that the “GeForce 315” is listed (this is for a HP Desktop). Would that mean if the pre-installed GPU in the HP computer I’m looking at was a “512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 315 [DVI,HDMI,VGA adapter]” that it would support the CUDA technology? Is that the same as a GeForce 315 as it is listed? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I see on the list of GPUs that support the CUDA technology that the “GeForce 315” is listed (this is for a HP Desktop). Would that mean if the pre-installed GPU in the HP computer I’m looking at was a “512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 315 [DVI,HDMI,VGA adapter]” that it would support the CUDA technology? Is that the same as a GeForce 315 as it is listed? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Yes, the GeForce 315 will definitely run CUDA… in fact any NV GPU from the past 3 years will run CUDA.
The 315 isn’t super-fast but it’s quite decent for a low wattage card.

You can find detailed info about any NV GPU here.

Yes, the GeForce 315 will definitely run CUDA… in fact any NV GPU from the past 3 years will run CUDA.
The 315 isn’t super-fast but it’s quite decent for a low wattage card.

You can find detailed info about any NV GPU here.

Thank you so much for your response. You mentioned that any NVIDIA GPU from the past 3 years would support CUDA, yet the Compaq Desktop (CQ 5210F) I purchased last year contained had the NVIDIA 6150 SE n force 430 and I am told this will not support CUDA technology. Is that correct?

Thank you so much for your response. You mentioned that any NVIDIA GPU from the past 3 years would support CUDA, yet the Compaq Desktop (CQ 5210F) I purchased last year contained had the NVIDIA 6150 SE n force 430 and I am told this will not support CUDA technology. Is that correct?

Correct, it can’t run CUDA apps. The 6150SE embedded display came out in mid 2006, and is based on the the year 2004 NV40 GPU architecture. (You can see it listed in the chart I linked to.)

Correct, it can’t run CUDA apps. The 6150SE embedded display came out in mid 2006, and is based on the the year 2004 NV40 GPU architecture. (You can see it listed in the chart I linked to.)

I ended up purchasing that HP (p6650z) with the GeForce 315 pre-installed about 5 months ago and I have definitely enjoyed it. However, over the past month I have been getting error messages that my video card has stopped working more and more - sometimes 30 - 40 times a week. I have reported this to HP’s technical support and they decided that the card needed to be replaced. They have sent me a Pegatron D10M2BB1H that has a HP Product/Number 90CV02S00010. I have researched and googled this and can not find any information on this video card. I am guessing that because it isn’t a Nvidia GeForce card that I will no longer be able to engage CUDA technology and that it will not be compatible with any of the software or programs I have purchased or installed to utilize CUDA, am I correct? One of the main reasons I purchased this particular system was for the CUDA capabilities and if this is the case I am certainly going to feel short-changed. Are you familiar with this card? Again, thank you in advance for your assistance and sharing your knowledge.