Question about cudaprof with CUDA SDK 3.0 Using cudaprof on the command-line to get texture $ i

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to use cudaprof with CUDA SDK 3.0 on a Tesla C1060 with compute capability 1.3. I am using this

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compu…a/cudaprof.html

from the CUDA 3.0 developers site as my guide. Specifically, what I am trying to do is ascertain what my hit/miss rate for the texture cache is. So, I’ve set up a cudaprof_config file that contains only this (per what is shown in the link above):

[codebox]texture cache hit

texture cache miss[/codebox]

However, when I run my code (from the command-line) I get the following message:

[codebox]NV_Warning: Ignoring the invalid profiler config option: texture

NV_Warning: Ignoring the invalid profiler config option: cache

NV_Warning: Ignoring the invalid profiler config option: hit

NV_Warning: Ignoring the invalid profiler config option: texture

NV_Warning: Ignoring the invalid profiler config option: cache

NV_Warning: Ignoring the invalid profiler config option: miss

CUDA_PROFILE_LOG_VERSION 1.6

CUDA_DEVICE 0 Tesla C1060

(rest omitted for brevity)[/codebox]

I haven’t been able to find a solution to this problem on the Forums anywhere. Additionally, I tried putting underscores between each of the words (since that seemed logical), but that wasn’t the fix either. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

Matt

How do you set up the “cudaprof_config” you mention? The documentation you link to does not mention any such file.

Be aware that textual profiling (controlled by setting environment variables and config files) is different from the Compute Visual Profiler. For setting up textual profiling, I follow this guide from Dr. Dobbs Journal. It seems texture cache hits / misses can only be monitored by the Compute Visual Profiler.

How do you set up the “cudaprof_config” you mention? The documentation you link to does not mention any such file.

Be aware that textual profiling (controlled by setting environment variables and config files) is different from the Compute Visual Profiler. For setting up textual profiling, I follow this guide from Dr. Dobbs Journal. It seems texture cache hits / misses can only be monitored by the Compute Visual Profiler.