Question of Outdoor industry GPU server Application

Dear All,

I just want to buy one GPU server which could run regularly in -20 degrees Celsius to 70 degrees Celsius.It is applied for analysis and calculation of traffic condition in RoadSide Unit of Autonomous Vehicle field. I am wonder if Titan RTX GPU could run regularly outdoor in 89 degrees Celsius show on the official website, due to most of the GPU severs couldn’t work regularly outdoor?

Thank you very much!
Kind regards!

Tian

Are you doing inference? I would think something like NVIDIA Drive, NVIDIA Jetson AGX Xavier, TX2, TX2i, or maybe even the Intel Neural Compute Stick would be better for the job. Even then you would have to weatherproof the circuits with special coatings because of the dew point, rain, snow, … etc. You would also need a weatherproof case with specialized cooling mechanisms. And that is only if it is for research and maybe early prototyping. If it isn’t for research I would get ahold of a NVIDIA sales rep and see if they can point you to the right people.

Dear King,
Thanks for your advise. Firstly, I will explain the target of using GPU server. We use that not only for research, but widely used in the real traffic condition, such as highway and intersection. We will put it into the equipment cabinet, which could integrate the cooling mechanisms just as you said, but if server could working under the severe weather will be better choice. Could you recommend one sales rep to me for the further corporation.

Thanks
Kind regards!

Tian