Questions about licensing

Hy. I have been working for the last 4 years in a game to present in the Indie Game Challenge, and i have been using PhysX for quite a while, but now (a bit late i think), I started to worry about the EULA of the SDK. The contest requires you to have a commercial licence for third-party software. What I wanted to know, is if the free SDK counts as a commercial licence.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The EULA (End User LICENSE Agreement) is considered a license for non-commercial use, or for commercial use on applications with limited revenue, as spelled out in the EULA. If you adhere to the terms of the EULA for non-commercial or limited commercial use, then the EULA applies.

–Mike

Sorry for the late response. Thanks!, but i still have doubts.
For what i understand form the EULA, you can use the SDK in games for commercial use, given that you include the logo somewhere, and that you dont generate more than 100.000 dolars. If thats corrrect, i have a problem, as the contest main prize is 100.000 dolars, with some other prizes of 1000-2000 dolars. So there is a case where the game could generate more than 100.000 dolars. What im not sure, is if the contest prize counts as revenue.
Any help would be appreciated.

you can use the SDK in games for commercial use, given that you include the logo somewhere, and that you dont generate more than 100.000 dolars
If on Windows PC, SDK is free for commercial use without restrictions.

Really? I develop for windows only. Could you point me to the section of the EULA where it says that? Thanks anyway!
On a side note, where can i get the nVidia logo? i guess i cant just use a random one in some random location.

Hi,

so I guess this page tell everything you want to hear:

https://developer.nvidia.com/physx-downloads
( Look at the first line under the headlines )

You also found the eula - so you are ready to read it :)

“…reproduce and distribute the Redistributable Code only in object code form and only as fully integrated into Physics Applications, in each case solely for (i) your commercial purposes provided that you receive less than one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) in gross revenue associated with Physics Applications…” So, i feel quite lost right now. Is it really free?

What i mean is if the constest prize cualifies as more than 100,00 dolars. Sorry for the double post

facepalm.jpg
No, those official description and we are simply moking you.

Revenue limit applies only to Linux, Android, OS X and Windows RT platforms.

Send a e-mail to PhysXlicensing@nvidia.com if you want to be sure.