Quick Start [Carter] in IsaacSim document don't work.

My apologies for the confusion. The latest commit on the GitHub repo does not match with the current XML and SDK files. Please follow the steps by PROTOTYPE to check out the previous commit for now. We are currently preparing the next update of IsaacSim.

Thanks,
-Sheikh

git checkout dffb4e14b280e98436648512497f68fd3f2db6a2

Hi Everyone,

I truly apologize for your trouble and frustration, and as the product manager, take full responsibility for this.

The temporary solution for this problem:
As Sergey and z-zhange, mentioned is that on the git repo, synch with previous commit.
Many thanks to @Sergey.bilenko and z-zhang for figuring this out and helping others in community.

The reason for this problem:
We did update the git repo, and the plan was to have updated SDK and XMl as well, but the last two didn’t happened. So the updated git doesn’t match with the current XMl and SDK.

The final solution:
The new SDK and Xml will be updated very soon. Then you can all get the latest.

Please accept my apologies,
Liila

I have the same problem explained in this thread.
When a new SDK and Xml will be released?

Most probably by end of this week, worse case will be early next week.

I am still having the same issue with the Isaac-sdk-2019.2.

LogLinker: Error: Package …/…/…/IsaacSimProject/Content/Demo/Meshes/ScissorLift/right4.uasset was saved with a newer custom version than the current. Tag 29E575DDE0A346279D10D276232CDCEA Name ‘Dev-AnimPhys’ PackageVersion 18 MaxExpected 17

Best,
Tony

Hi Tony,

What is exactly your issue?
Are you now on the latest git repo and updated Isaac Sim xml file?

Thanks,
Liila

Hi Liila,

I am using UnrealEngine-IsaacSim_1.2 and isaac-sdk-2019.2-30e21124. For the xml file, I downloaded from https://developer.nvidia.com/isaac/downloads . It is IsaacSimProject_1.2.gitdeps.xml

When I start up the Carter Sim or the Robot Builder Map using:

~/Documents/2019.2/UnrealEngine-IsaacSim_1.2$ ./Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4Editor IsaacSimProject RobotBuilder -vulkan

UE4 shows an error message:Failed to open map file. This is most likely because the map was saved with a newer version of the engine.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best,
Tony

Previously, I got 2019.1 to work by following the syncing with the previous commit using the solution from this forum post by Sergey and z-zhang.

Hi Tony,

ARe you now on the latest git, or you are still on the previous commit?
you should be on the latest git now with the updated xml.

Liila

The Unreal Engine I have is cloned from Github last week. It is named UnrealEngine-IsaacSim_1.2.

I currently have two versions:

2019.1: Unreal Engine (the one I got by syncing with the previous commit), Isaac_sdk_2019.1-17919, and IsaacSimProject_1.2.gitdeps.xml

• This version is working fine, thanks to @sergey and @z-zhang 's solution.

2019.2 UnrealEngine-IsaacSim_1.2 (the one I got from GitHub last week after the gitrepo updated, and SDK and xml was not. I executed ./Setup.sh, the two generate commands, and the make & make command this morning again), isaac-sdk-2019.2-30e21124 (I downloaded from this morning), IsaacSimProject_1.2.gitdeps.xml (I downloaded from this morning) )

• This version is the one having issueshaving issues.

Best,
Tony Kam

Hi Tony,

I believe, you are half on on new and half on old version somehow.

LogLinker: Error: Package …/…/…/IsaacSimProject/Content/Demo/Meshes/ScissorLift/right4.uasset was saved with a newer custom version than the current. Tag 29E575DDE0A346279D10D276232CDCEA Name ‘Dev-AnimPhys’ PackageVersion 18 MaxExpected 17

If you are on the latest, there should be no “…/…/…/IsaacSimProject/Content/Demo” . I mean there should be no “Demo” subdirectory in the Content.

Please make a clean setup, and and see if you still see the error.

Thanks,
Liila

Hi Liila,

Thank you, I started clean and no longer have the error.

Best,
Tony Kam

Hi Tony,

I am glad you got it working.

Always looking forward your feedbacks,
Liila