R8168 0000:01:00.0 : invalid short VPD tag 00 at offset 1

Hello to everyone.

I’m using ubuntu 18.04 on my jetson nano. Today I tried to upgrade the virtualization packages only (qemu + libvirt + virt-manager),but unfortunately when I reboot the board I started to see an error on the screen that prevents the system to boot normally. The error is :

r8168 0000:01:00.0 : invalid short VPD tag 00 at offset 1

is there something that I can try to do,before to reinstalling everything from the beginning ? thanks.

Hi marietto2008,

Are you using the devkit or custom board for Jetson Nano?

How do you do this and cause boot up issue? Is there any commands run in the board?

Please provide the full serial console log for further check.

At the moment I have some troubles to debug the error by attaching the serial console and so on. I’m trying to fix it using an unorthodox tecnique. Can you tell me the r8168 to which kind of device is related ? It seems to be related to the realtek ethernet driver,but on this folder : /mnt/sdk1/lib/modules/4.9.299+/kernel/drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/ ; I see only the 8139cp.ko module. The unorthodox idea is to remove the device kernel module that it does not like.

You haven’t answered all of my questions from my previous reply.
We need to know what’s your carrier board and the serial console log for further check.

What’s your apporach?

Yes, r8168 is the ethernet driver from realtek.

My approach has been to reinstall everything. It was the fastest way.

Please just use Ubuntu18.04 with SDK Manager to re-flash your board.
If there’s any issue, please provide the both flash log from host PC and serial console log from the board.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.