"RCM boot" and "normal flash"

tx2 Development Guide 32.2 Release says:
"
Jetson TX2 TegraBoot-CPU is responsible for:
•Flashing
•RCM boot
The flow for RCM boot is similar to a cold boot except that the binaries are transferred from the host over USB and loaded directly to SDRAM. TOS and BPMP-FW are not loaded in this path.
•For normal flashing TegraBoot-CPU takes the binaries from the host one-by-one and flashes them to the device.
•In RCM boot, TegraBoot-CPU takes the binaries from the blob downloaded by MB1. The binaries are not flashed onto the device.
"

I know how to enter recovery mode, and how to flash. When we flash tx2, we have to go in RCM. When finished, then tx2 will boot. which is this procedure, normal flash or RCM boot?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

What you are doing for flashing the board is the RCM boot.

Thank you.

Why we can’t see any TBoot-CPU key word in boot log, but there are TBoot-BPMP?
Log as below,
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1iIokiBV5rsONpOLb45NyoPuiuQ-2F64O

Hi garretzou,

The google drive gives me error and cannot access.

I don’t know how to attach a file here.
Please tell me if you know.

Thanks.

If you hover your mouse over the quote icon in the upper right of one of your existing posts, then other icons will show up. The paper clip icon is for attaching files. Usually if the logs have a “.txt” file name extension it works.

"

"
Seem no paper clip icon. There are three icons for adding url, image and code. For url and image, a link must be generated, we have to use another website to upload them first.

Hi garretzou,

The button only appears in the “existing” post but not the text box you are using to file new comment.
For example, comment #7 has that button on the upper right.

Thank you.

The attach file is the log file.

Serial-COM9_0920_14-59-02.log (223 KB)

Hi garretzou,

The log you shared is a cold boot log which of course will not have TegraBoot-CPU…

Thanks.

Which boot has TegraBoot-CPU and how to enter that boot?

As the document indicates, that only appears when you are flashing the board.