(RE)Building tipc_test application

LS,

I have been successful in creating a secure app using Trusty. Next I need to create the Linux side program that can communicate with the secure app.

On the Jetson TX2 target, I found the tipc_test program, which is used to test the existing Trusty applications, e.g. ipc-unittest, part of the development sources

I was also able to locate the sources for the ipc-test program under trusty_src_build/libtrusty/tipc-test, part of the trusty_src.tbz2 archive.

However, I am not able to find how the tipc_test program is built and how the resulting executable is made to be part of the target image.

Without this knowledge I don’t know how I can add a program that can communicate
with the trusty App I have previously created.

Can somebody help me with this and describe the steps needed to create my Linux side program and add it to the image which I can then flash to the target.

I am using L4T version 32.3.1, cross compiling on Ubuntu 18.04.

Regards,

Olaf Heemskerk

hello olaf.heemskerk,

please refer to documentation, you may check Security chapter for more details of Trusty.

you may also download l4t-r32.3.1 L4T sources via download center,
please refer to below for trusty sample applications.
$L4T_Sources/r32.3.1/JAX_TX2/Linux_for_Tegra/source/public/trusty/app/sample/ipc-unittest/*

Hi JerryChang,

I have read the documentation and have been able to find the sources. However, I am not able to find any information on HOW to build the tipc_test program and how to add it to a flash-able image.

There is no Makefile or *.mk file that includes rules to build the tipc_test program part of any of the sources I have downloaded

In addition I am not able to find any config file or file list that would be used to generate the flash-able image that includes the tipc_test program.

hello olaf.heemskerk,

please note that there’re readme file and also script files in the trusty_src.tbz2 package.
please check atf_and_trusty_README.txt for the instructions to build the sources.
thanks

Hi JerryChang,

I have read the atf_and_trusty_README.txtf file, but this file does not mention anything on the tipc_test program.

The trusty build commands mentioned in the text file, will build all under the trusty directory, but nothing under the libtrusty directory.

The libtrusty directory contains the tipc_test program sources.

In the mean time, I have found that the tipc_test program on the Jetson TX2 target is actually installed on the target via the root file system as part of the nvidia-l4t-tools package. Which, as far as I can tell, has been added to the root file system using the apply_binaries.sh script.

Is it possible to get access to the sources of the nvidia-l4t-tools package in order to see how the tipc_test program is built.

@olaf.heemskerk

FYI, we don’t public release a makefile for libtrusty sources; we also don’t have plan to release it in the short term.