Recorded Data Encryption

Hello,

I have been recording data in external SSDs by using recorder tool provided by Drive Software. Due to the security concerns, I would like to decrypt data SSDs mounted to AGX and I would like recorded data to encrypted when SSDs are umounted. In addition to that I want to see the data as decrypted in a trusted host computer.

I was going through Drive OS Documentation under the section of Understanding Security - User Data Encryption on Linux and Linux Based Disk Encryption, Since I am a newbie I could not figure out the best practice to accomplish this and the tutorials look a little hard for me to understand it clearly.

Which steps should I take to get a external disk to be decrypted when mounted to AGX and a Trusted Host Computer and to be crypted elsewhere. In my understanding User Data Encryption on Linux and Linux Based Disk Encryption sections do not direct give information on this, want me to change some variables I don’t know where they are located such as (EFS_USR_DAT_ECRYPT_PART). There are no detailed explanations on applying cryption to an external disk etc…

Can I get a more basic method & tutorial for AGX ?

Best Regards,

Hardware Platform: [DRIVE AGX Pegasus™ Developer Kit]
Software Version: [DRIVE Software 10]
Host Machine Version: [Ubuntu 18.04]

Hi @csari3,

Please take a look at below files in your host system (with DRIVE Software installed) to see if helpful.

~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_E3550/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs_a/lib/systemd/system/nv_encrypt_run_once.service

~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE_Software_10.0_Linux_OS_E3550/DRIVEOS/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs_a/etc/systemd/scripts/nv_encrypt_run_once.sh

Hello Vick,

Thank you for the quick response. I will take look at them and get back to you about this.

Best Regards,