Reduce the time required for the system to resume from suspend

Hi all,

Is it normal for the system to take approximately 7~8 seconds to resume from suspend?
Are there any suggestions for reducing the time it takes to resume?
(Orin Nano 4G + 35.4.1)
Thanks.

Hi lrnxd9120,

From our verification on the Orin Nano devkit, it takes about 3-4 seconds to wake up from deep sleep mode (SC7).

Are you using the devkit or custom board for Orin Nano?
Could you also verify with the latest R35.5.0?

Hi KevinFFF,

I am using custom board for Orin Nano. The devkit is currently undergoing RMA so I can’t verify in devkit.

I’m using sudo systemctl suspend to suspend. And check from the wake event to the screen display, how much time is spent.
I tried R35.3.1, R35.5.0, R36.2, these take about 6~7 seconds .

Do you have any suggestions to shorten the time to less than 5 seconds?

Can you share the serial console log with timestamp enabled during wake up to check what causes the delay?

Hi KevinFFF,

I apologize for the late reply. Console log as below.
putty1.log (23.6 KB)

It seems that the log is unable to show the problem. I used my phone to time from the wake event to the screen appearing, and it took about 6 seconds.

[29/04/24 - 13:28:49:022] [0550.854] I> Boot-mode : SC7 Exit
[29/04/24 - 13:28:51:489] 

It seems just taking about 2.5s to wake up from your log.

Could you please help me check how much time did it take for the devkit from the wake event to the screen showing?

I think the problem is from system wake up to screen showing take too long time.

Thanks.

From our verification on the devkit, resume from suspend, uart take about 3s, display take about 6-7s.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.