Hello, I’ll try to explain the problem:
- I have a mesh called
SM_ground placed inside
SM_ground has refinement override to look more curvy.
- I add
LC_107_DIY_payload.usdc as a reference.
- I add
LC_107_DIY_payload.usdc to my scene as a payload.
- I submit the scene to Queue from Movie Capture.
- I render the scene with Agent.
- In the rendered image,
SM_ground appears like it has no refinement override applied.
HI @user79641! I tried a similar setup, but I was not able to reproduce this. (Though I didn’t involve Queue/Agent yet.)
A few of a questions for you:
- Is the refinement working interactively in the viewport, but not in the rendered images from movie capture?
- Can you provide example usd layers in a zip so that we can more accurately debug what you’re seeing?
- Is maybe one of these Common geometry render settings conflicting? Particularly, Subdivision Feature-adaptive Refinement.
For the first time, it works in the viewport. It doesn’t work the next time I open it. It should work again if I refresh the refinement setting (untick then tick).
I do not use Movie Capture directly. I only submit it to Queue.
Yes, I have this turned on to fix my other issue: Texture seam - Apps / Blender - NVIDIA Developer Forums
I’m preparing the mesh again, because my current solution is to apply the subdivision in Blender. I will send you via message later.
Try turning that setting OFF and try again. That could be reducing the quality.
Yes that fixes the issue, but I can’t find a way to get rid of the other one, so applying subdivision is solution for now.
Hey. I dug into the normal map texture seams issue a bit and I replied with a potential fix for you: Texture seam - #3 by user79641
If that works out, you can remove the subd refinement workaround you’ve been using and we can resolve this one too.