Regarding autologin for l4t 32.6.1

Hi,

I need to have more clarification on the script “l4t_create_default_user.sh”.

What does “hostname” argument in the script “l4t_create_default_user.sh” meant to be?

I am trying to use the script for autologin the AGX Xavier SoM on a custom board.

Thanks and Regards
Ann Rose

To add-on,

• If I autologin script (l4t_create_default_user.sh) with the sample root file system provided from NVIDIA, I am getting logs as shown below:
Creating: Username - mistral, Password - password, Autologin - true
Adding user `mistral' to group `gdm' ...
Adding user mistral to group gdm
Done.
The user `gdm' is already a member of `video'.
Adding user `mistral' to group `lightdm' ...
Adding user mistral to group lightdm
Done.
The user `lightdm' is already a member of `video'.
Creating: Hostname - tegra-ubuntu
  • But after updating the rootfs directory for the user creation with auto login, I am getting the below logs:
Creating: Username - ann, Password - ann, Autologin - true
Adding user `ann' to group `gdm' ...
Adding user ann to group gdm
Done.
Adding user `gdm' to group `video' ...
Adding user gdm to group video
Done.
Adding user `ann' to group `lightdm' ...
Adding user ann to group lightdm
Done.
Adding user `lightdm' to group `video' ...
Adding user lightdm to group video
Done.
Creating: Hostname - tegra-ubuntu
Copy the test_app binary to /usr/bin
  • Could you help me debug on the differences between both.

• The issue comes that if I try to flash this image to the custom board, the image is having some issues like autologin will not happen and the UI is not having all the applications as normal Ubuntu.

Sorry for the late response, our team will do the investigation and provide suggestions soon. Thanks

Hi @kayccc,

Thanks for the response.

Is there any update regarding the same?

Thanks and Regards
Ann Rose Antony

What is the exact error here?

Hi @WayneWWW ,

I am not getting any error, when I flashed the board after running the script, the linux UI is different and the autologin is not working.

Regards
Ann Rose Antony

Hi,

Then your error are GUI is different and autlogin is not working…

Please tell us the steps to reproduce your error. Honestly, please tell us the scenario first. Otherwise I really don’t know what you are talking about.

@WayneWWW ,

Sorry for the making a confusion.

Your understanding is correct. As I have shared in the above logs, after changing the rootfs directory to a different location, other than the location inside the Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs location, I am facing this issue.

Also in the logs I have shared, you can see a slight difference with the rootfs directory location changes. ( mainly in the video and lightdm related logs)

For reproducing the error:

1. Update the below lines in the l4t_create_default_user.sh script

l4t_tools_dir=${L4T_DIR}/tools
l4t_dir=${L4T_DIR}
rfs_dir=${ROOTFS_DIR}

where the L4T_DIR is the path to the Linux_for_Tegra folder and the ROOTFS_DIR is the rootfs directory.

1. After that write a script as shown below and run the script. The script is outside the Linux for Tegra Directory.
> WORK_DIR=$(pwd)
> L4T_DIR=${WORK_DIR}/Linux_for_Tegra
> ROOTFS_DIR=<custom_rootfs_directory>
> #Creating default user for Neuron Base Board with username - v5 and password - volta
>         export ROOTFS_DIR
>         export L4T_DIR
>         echo "Creating default user.. username - v5"
>         cd ${L4T_DIR}/tools
>         . l4t_create_default_user.sh -u ann -p ann -a
>         cd ${WORK_DIR}
  1. Run the script and no error was available.
  2. Flashed the image and the UI is different and the autologin also didn’t worked.

Hope you got a clear picture on the issue.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and Regards
Ann Rose Antony

Why do you want to move the rootfs location to somewhere else? Honestly, if this issue could be just avoided by keep everything inside Linux_for_Tegra, then I would suggest just using that.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.