Regarding Jetson Nano module power consumption details

Hello support,

Jetson Nano module datasheet specifies power consumption to be from 5W to 10W. * Is there any documentation showing current consumption Vs % CPU loading/ active peripherals on Jetson module?

I mean some benchmark tests which helps customer to estimate power for their applications.

Regards,
jagdish

hello jagdish.karamchandani,

you may refer to Supported Modes and Power Efficiency for more details.
thanks

Hi jerry,

While this information was somewhat useful, my specific questions,

1. Is this power only of core/ complete module? If only core then what about other peripheral power when all used at once? I mean what are power figures if complete module with all peripherals is functional.

sorry, I’m not fully understand your question.
you may configure different power modes and enable tegrastats utility to monitor the processor usage.
thanks

Hello Jerry,

Thanks for sharing tegrastats utility. This certainly will be useful for processor core details but my questions was towards power consumption of complete Jetson module rather than core itself.

Like Jetson module includes USB 2.0 PHY, USB3.0 PHY, ethernet PHY, DC DC converters, I2C, SPI, HDMI etc. So if all peripheral blocks of Jetson module are made operational then what will be total power including power consumption of core. Here we can discard VBUS current consumption of USB VBUS & include just pure PHY current consumption of each & every peripheral of Jetson module.

I hope what I mean to say. If those details are available then it could be useful to design carrier board power supplies or else we may need to find those using dev. kit/ our custom carrier board.

Regards,
jagdish

please refer to documentation, Software-Based Power Consumption Modeling, to check more details with power monitor.
thanks

Hello Jerry,

This is very good piece of information. Essentially it will provide power of complete module/ GPU/ CPU with whatever peripherals or application software we need.

Thanks,
jagdish