Regarding l4t_create_default_user.sh

Hi,

Please give more description if you want someone here to help you…

You cannot expect other people to understand you by just one word.

1 Like

Using l4t_create_default_user.sh, can I turn off the display lock and adjust the screen off time as follows?
Can I set each nano network address to be multiplexed using l4t_create_default_user.sh? (E.g. using loops in a script)

No, it does not have this function. This is not an official tool. But just a tool for debug.

What is the customizable scope with l4t_create_default_user.sh?

You could add anything to this script if you want.

FYI, the script is using qemu to run commands to create users and groups. If you know the command used for setting things like display lock defaults, then you could create your own similar script. The trick is that you must know the command. A copy of the user create script, but designed to run other custom commands, could work.

Hello,

In the process of preparing the image first for writing, I could not complete the article.

Thank you.

Hello,

Isn’t there any official tool to skip ubuntu configuration after massflashing?

Thank you.

No, there is no such tool. We suggest users must do the configuration by themselves.

Also, there is California law that bans us to create default user/password on end product, so we won’t provide such tool.

But, you could try to create system image which has default user account/password and then run mass flash.

1 Like

How can I create default user account/password ?

Create the user account using oem-config and then clone out the system image. After then, use this system image to flash your board, and it may have the account you set previously.

1 Like

Hello,

What is the difference between this and how to use l4t_create_default_user.sh?

When creating a system image, it was said that we could mount the software we made.

The software we are going to install is firmware type and the web server is also running. Is it possible to use such software after installation?

Thank you.

l4t_create_default_user.sh is just a debug tool I uploaded for some users to debug their usb problem on rel-32.1.
It is not an official tool.

You can check the content on it and see if it can help.

Scenario

If I put in user account and password and create a system image with the software we created, then mass flashing

Will customers be able to use our software at boot time?

Hi,

You should verify it in your side before your deliver it to customer.

1 Like

Thank you

Hello,

I found the following information on the jetson linux developer site.
However, this seems to be done right after flashing. Does this mean that what you do in this process can be added when making a mass flashing blob?

Headless Mode Flow in oem-config

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html#page/Tegra%2520Linux%2520Driver%2520Package%2520Development%2520Guide%2Fflashing.html%23wwpID0E0WB0HA

Hello,

I have created a massflashing blob using nvmassflashgen.sh.

Does cloning a system image mean that after setting oem-config on a Jetson Nano, the image of that nano is cloned?

1. Cloning method
  2. Command used when mass flashing using a cloned image

Can you tell me where I can find it?

Thank you.

Hello,

I have created a massflashing blob using nvmassflashgen.sh.

Does cloning a system image mean that after setting oem-config on a Jetson Nano, the image of that nano is cloned?

1. Cloning method
  2. Command used when mass flashing using a cloned image

Can you tell me where I can find it?

Thank you.

If first boot has been completed prior to cloning, then yes, this is included in the cloned image, and in any system flashed with that image. You could go even further, and complete “sudo apt update” and “sudo apt-get upgrade”. You could install custom software too if desired, or standard NVIDIA optional packages, such as CUDA.

Some content may be tied to the specific Jetson, e.g., some network software might look for a specific MAC address, and it would be an error to transfer this to all Jetsons during flash (this would be rare though).

The l4t_create_default_user.sh could be modified to do nothing more than change the created user’s password (assuming the account already exists, then you wouldn’t want to try to create it again), and perhaps log the password for documentation to ship. Then setup would be complete, but each Jetson would have its own password, and no longer be considered a “default” password (it would be illegal to set a default password when shipped to California).

I have not used mass flash though, so I can’t claim to have tested the mass flash variation of this.

I have not explored this much, but on a running Jetson, you might be interested in:
/usr/sbin/nv-oem-config-firstboot
/etc/init/oem-config.conf
/usr/share/doc/nvidia-l4t-oem-config/

1 Like

Hello,

following Jetson/Clone - eLinux.org
Is it correct to clone the system image with the following command?

$ sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G backup.img mmcblk0p1

thank you.

314 sudo mv rf_na-4.49-000-rt.tar.gz coding/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/
315 cd coding/Linux_for_Tegra/
316 ls
317 cd rootfs/
318 ls
319 ls -l
320 sudo tar zxf rf_na-4.49-000-rt.tar.gz --no-same-owner
321 cd opt/nss/bin/
322 ls
323 cd …/…/…
324 ls
325 ls -l
326 sudo rm rf_na-4.49-000-rt.tar.gz
327 ls
328 cd …
329 ls
330 sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

It only clones the APP partition,
id est /dev/mmcblk0p1
thus it will be only possible to restore it to devcie that has the partitioning infrastructure, id est that has been flashed with the very same Jetpack version previously