Regarding l4t_create_default_user.sh

It only clones the APP partition,
id est /dev/mmcblk0p1
thus it will be only possible to restore it to devcie that has the partitioning infrastructure, id est that has been flashed with the very same Jetpack version previously

Hello,

How do I mass flash with a cloned image?

Thank you.

it depends
I did not try mass flash with cloned image.
I am just using dd in my development efforts.
However, it will be up to you to determine which exactly approach will be required for your use case.

1 Like

Hello,

With the oem setup done and our software loaded, I used the following command to create a backup image.
$ sudo ./flash.sh -r -k APP -G backup.img mmcblk0p1

How do I mass flash with a cloned image?

Thank you.

Hello,

Where can I put the default user account/password?
I think it looks like the following file, is it correct?

/etc/init/oem-config.conf

Thank you.

Hi,

I think you could firstly verify if backup.img can have a default user account. No need to immediately to use massflash.

Have you verified it?

Hello,

How do I check it?

Sorry for asking too many questions.
Do you check in this file?

Thank you.

https://elinux.org/Jetson/Clone

Maybe you could share what is your understanding about this page.

This page asks you to clone a system image out of current device and then what? What do you think this page is trying to do?

Hello,

Cloning system.img of one jetson nano.

Thank you.

1 Like

2 parts in this page…

1. How to clone a system.img out of one jetson nano
  2. How to use this backup system image to flash other jetson device

You need to try step 2 to verify if this system image has a default account…

1 Like

How do I enter the default account through oem-config?

Thank you.

Hi,

No offense.
But why do you have a new question again? What is the problem of restoring the system image to verify whether there is a default account?

If you have any problem in that method, you should tell us your difficulties but not just ask a new one.

1 Like

Hello,

I think this is the part that needs to be done on the jetson nano device except for the red box. And isn’t number 7 going to be done on the jetson nano device before cloning the system image before executing apply_binarys.sh?
The order of the documents is strange.

Thank you.

Hello,

I understood that I put the default user and password using a configuration file called oem-config.

Is it correct to flash the Jetson Nano to be duplicated with the default user and password you are talking about, and check the default user and password that you enter in the settings screen when setting up for the first time?

thank you.

Hi neuezeal,

What is your exact purpose? According to your previous thread/topics, I think you want to create a system image or something similar that can help you enable default user account/pwd but not through oem-config or GUI on monitor.

Is that correct?

Have you ever tried oem-config on your host + device already? It looks like you think oem-config can help your case but I think it may not…

1 Like

I follow this.

is oem-config software provided by nvidia?

Thank you.

Hi,

What is your exact purpose? According to your previous thread/topics, I think you want to create a system image or something similar that can help you enable default user account/pwd but not through oem-config or GUI on monitor.
Is that correct?

Please do reply my question.

This page is to re-enable oem-config service.
You can try oem-config through micro usb cable during your first flash on your host. If you already configured this before, then oem-config will be disabled.

oem-config is below service. It is also used for first time boot up configuration.

1 Like

Thank you I’ll try it.

Thank you very much.

Is that correct?

You still not reply my question. Please reply to save your own time.

yes.