Regarding NVIDIA DRIVE OS 5.2 Third-Party Software

Could you please answer the following question?

We are thinking to install NVIDIA DRIVE OS 5.2 and it includes software components provided under the terms of GPLv3.0 and LGPLv3.0 (hereinafter, “OSS Components”) as the third party components.

Do the OSS Components solely work within the NVIDIA’s development tool? Or, will the OSS Components be incorporated into our output software which are generated from the the NVIDIA’s development tool?

We would like to clarify whether our output software which are generated from the NVIDIA’s development tool incorporate the OSS Componets or not.

Thank you for your support in advance.

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
[○] DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
[○] Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
[○] NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
[○] native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Dear @nihei.yusuke,
Just to clarify the DRIVE AGX platform is developer platform(not production platform).

Is the ask the application developed using DRIVE OS SDK/ DW includes OSS libs or functional calls?

Dear SivaRamaKrishnaNV
We haven’t developed an app yet and are considering it.
How do I know if OSS libs are included?

Hi @nihei.yusuke ,
Please see if NVIDIA DRIVE OS 5.2 Third-Party Software Licenses is what you’re looking for. Thanks.

Dear VickNV,

I know that NVIDIA DRIVE OS 5.2 includes GPLv3.0 and LGPLv3.0 as third-party components as I initially asked.

Do GPLv3.0 and LGPLv3.0 only work within NVIDIA’s development tools? Or will the OSS components be incorporated into the output software generated from NVIDIA’s development tools?

Is it possible to have the questions answered directly at the Teams meeting?

Dear @nihei.yusuke,
Do GPLv3.0 and LGPLv3.0 only work within NVIDIA’s development tools? Or will the OSS components be incorporated into the output software generated from NVIDIA’s development tools?

We do have OSS components in the actual libraries/binaries that would be deployed in production, including the kernel, NvMedia, Graphics, hyper visor/virtualization etc… So anything deployed with DRIVE OS Linux will have OSS components.

Also, the below link from the documentation pointed out in my previous post has detailed information on the files.
NVIDIA DRIVE OS 5.2 Free Open Source Software (FOSS) Licenses report for Linux Standard release