System Information -
Distro: Arch Linux
Graphics Card: GTX 1080ti
Observed Behavior - When using 396.54.09 vulkan beta I do not experience problems. When using 415.18.02 or 415.18.04, I experience an issue where shadows are not rendered correctly in Grand Theft Auto V via Proton/Steam Play on Linux. More specifically, the shadows seem to move around and take forms that do not match the shapes they are being projecting from.
Expected Behavior - The appearance of shadows in GTA V when using the 415.18 driver should match what is seen when using the 396.54 driver.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install the latest vulkan beta drivers for Linux (415.18.04 as of right now)
- Install Grand Theft Auto V via Steam.
- Install mscorefonts (this is needed for the game to work correctly)
- Right click on Grand Theft Auto V in Steam client -> Set launch options -> PROTON_NO_ESYNC=1 %command%
- Launch Grand Theft Auto V
- Enter the settings menu, enable dx11, and make sure “soft shadows” setting is set to “sharp”, “soft”, “softer”, or “softest” (the problem is not reproducible when you select “Nvidia PCSS”. However, that produces noticeably less detailed shadows compared to the “softest” setting which works for me in 396).
- Move around in an area with a lot of visible shadows (this is best observed outdoors when the sun is low, but not fully set)
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (104 KB)