Regular Xorg freezes on KDE Manjaro

Hi All,

Would be great to know if someone finds reliable steps to reproduce it.
Also it would be worth updating BIOS if it is not up to date.

Hi All,

Would be great to know if someone finds reliable steps to reproduce it.
Also it would be worth updating BIOS if it is not up to date.

Please help to provide reliable repro steps to recreate issue.

The issue is not reproducible procedurally. It happens randomly, while using normal apps like firefox, discord, ms teams, etc. So I don’t think this issue pertains specifically to GTK or electron or Qt apps, rather it’s generic in nature. I am also attaching my logs, as well as sharing screenshots of my Xorg log just after the freeze happens. And it would be apparent that the message Information [156129.142] (WW) NVIDIA: Wait for channel idle timed out shows up at the exact time of freeze. So this is somewhat useful.
I’m also attaching my system specs. It’s worthy to note that I am on an optimus (dGPU + iGPU) laptop.
Operating System: Manjaro Linux KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.5 KDE Frameworks Version: 5.94.0 Qt Version: 5.15.4 Kernel Version: 5.15.41-1-MANJARO (64-bit) Graphics Platform: X11 Processors: 8 × Intel® Core™ i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce MX130/PCIe/SSE2

P.S. I’m unable to upload output of nvidia-bug-report.sh for some reason. The error message displayed in a popup is “Sorry, there was an error uploading that file. Please try again”. How do I upload the logs? I’ve extracted the tar.gz file as well. It isn’t allowing me to upload the .log file at all