Reinstall L4T on Jetson

I follow the [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/default/files/akamai/mobile/files/L4T/l4t_quick_start_guide.txt[/url]
but when I took the step “sudo tar xpf …/…/Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R19.3.0_armhf.tbz2”,it showed error code on my host PC.I think it maybe a sigal that the sample system cannot be extracted correctly.
And then I ‘sudo ./apply_binaries.sh’ but it showed that ‘apply_binaries.sh: command not found’.

anyone can give a hand? Thanks so much!

Samuel

What error did the first command show?

It may be that your shell is not set up properly, or you are using the incorrect shell. Try running:

sudo bash ./apply_binaries.sh

following is part of my error code after “sudo tar xpf …/…/Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R19.3.0_armhf.tbz2”

[url]http://imgdata.hoop8.com/1409/2011707917788.bmp[/url]
Is that alright? And after I contiued to “sudo ./apply_binaries.sh” and “sudo ./flash.sh -S 8GiB ${BOARD} mmcblk0p1” It turned out as the following image showed,
[url]http://imgdata.hoop8.com/1409/8201707917788.bmp[/url]

Id suggest installing The Grinch ([CustomKernel] The Grinch 19.3.8 for Jetson TK1 / developed - Jetson TK1 - NVIDIA Developer Forums)

I guess you dont /have/ to, but its got some extra features and things. You can also just use it for an install guide, skipping steps C-E.

Also, make sure your Ubuntu VM has enough free space on it (8gb or 15gb depending on the final flash command)

./flash.sh -S 14580MiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1

(here we need at least 15gb of free space on the host)

sudo tar xpf ../../Tegra_Linux_Sample-Root-Filesystem_R19.3.0_armhf.tbz2

…/… means you need to put your file locations path.

Installing The Grinch would be a better choice though, especially if you use wireless adapters

1. The screen capture did not show the actual command used…this might be important, as I saw dev sda1 in there. Please show the command exactly as it was right before the “tar”. Someone already mentioned “…/…”, which might not work; flash.sh should be in a directory which has subdirectory rootfs, and both apply_binaries.sh and flash.sh should be run from this directory…the scripts might not be smart enough to adapt to “…/…”.

2. The “operation not permitted” tends to mean either you were not running with root authority or your system lacks some features. Since sudo was shown above, I assume root authority was not the issue. Tell us about your host. Is it Ubuntu? Fedora? Does it run natively on its own hard drive, or perhaps is using a virtual machine?

Thanks for your advice,My host ,ubuntu, is on the VMware,and my native system on hard driver is win8.

I just use the command “sudo ./flash.sh -S 8GiB jetson-tk1 mmcblk0p1” and I am sure that my VM ubuntu has enough space on it,is that ok?

well… after you have downloaded the sample root file system and tools and followed the steps.
(and ensured your Jetson is in recovery mode)

What is the file system type under your VMware version of ubuntu? It must be a native linux file system, others cannot work. For example, in the directory where you unpacked rootfs, “df -T .” to see file system type. If it is a windows or non-linux type this is guaranteed failure. Non-linux file systems cannot support required permissions. It sounds like the native windows file system is in use…this would explain much.