Remote application development using NVIDIA® Nsight™ Eclipse Edition

Hi, yes I have used the config command as specified above. Here is the output in my log file (I removed the old one):

!===================================================
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.ui 4 4 2017-10-23 20:09:57.978
!MESSAGE Error
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteSyncException: org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteExecutionException: Remote Git init failed with message: sh: git: command not found

at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.getRemoteGitVersion(GitRepo.java:462)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.<init>(GitRepo.java:81)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.getGitRepo(GitSyncService.java:272)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.doSync(GitSyncService.java:587)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.synchronize(GitSyncService.java:506)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.SyncManager$SynchronizeJob.run(SyncManager.java:80)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.j...(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteExecutionException: Remote Git init failed with message: sh: git: command not found

... 7 more
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.git.core 4 0 2017-10-23 20:09:57.979
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteExecutionException: Remote Git init failed with message: sh: git: command not found

!STACK 0
org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.exceptions.RemoteExecutionException: Remote Git init failed with message: sh: git: command not found

at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.getRemoteGitVersion(GitRepo.java:462)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRepo.<init>(GitRepo.java:81)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.getGitRepo(GitSyncService.java:272)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.doSync(GitSyncService.java:587)
at org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitSyncService.synchronize(GitSyncService.java:506)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.SyncManager$SynchronizeJob.run(SyncManager.java:80)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.j...(Worker.java:54)
!===================================================

Any idea? Thanks for your help.

I would be interested to set up remote application development, but it doesn't work as described.
* I am using Kubuntu 19.10 for the GUI, the remote (>500Km away) system is CentOS 7.4
* The CUDA version 6,5 is way old. I am currently using CUDA/10.1 + cupti/10.1 (only on the remote system).

* I set up an Eclipse version 4.9 (OpenJDK 1.8), but particularly the menu “Build->Target Systems” is not there.
I find no way to enter my remote project directory.
* Same situation with the Eclipse 2019.12 (OpenJDK 1.11), that I am using for all my other (25+) workspaces.
* I am using Eclipse PTP synchronized projects, but it appears that Nsight is not integrated with these, not even aware of these. I would strongly welcome that Nsight reuses this feature and not re-invent the wheel. PTP synchronized projects have been working smoothly for me for several years now.
* Do I need to have CUDA or cupti installed locally? There is no NVIDIA h/w available locally.

Can someone please comment?

Locally on my Thinkpad, I installed CUDA Toolkit 10.1 update 1 from https://developer.nvidia.co.... I also installed cuda-nsight-10-1 and nvidia-nsight on the same system. When I now fire up nsight, an Eclipse pops up and I can find the “Build->Target Systems” menu entry. However, connecting to the remote system fails. I can connect from bash command line via ssh.

Suggestions for trouble shooting this situations?

Found the solution to the connection problems: Eclipse->Window->Preferences->General->Network Connections->SSH, enter the correct private key.

I can’t open any topics with Nsight Ecplipse Edtion’s buit-in help. Contents, search results, etc. show up but when I click on a topic it not open in either browser or within NEE. I’ve tried configuring a browser but no joy there, either.
I’m running Jetpack 4.6 in Ubuntu 18.04.5 on an Acer Nitro 5.
I’ve also searched for online help but had no luck there, either.
The generic Eclipse online help is missing the parts I need help on the most.
I’ve installed several versions in many installs on several different Ubuntu machines and none of them produced a working help text display.
Any suggestions to get help working in NEE?

How does one export-import, make a template, save as - whatever - for creating another project with the same project settings? I exported the project settings but nothing is entered when I import them into another project.
I’m just looking for a way to not have to reenter all the project build settings: libraries, paths, environment variables, etc.
Jetpack 4.6 running in Ubuntu 18.04