Remote application on TX1 "Permission Denied"

I’m try to build application remotely from host to tx1 through Nsight Eclipse. The last step by clicking run as remote.
Here is what I get:

Last login: Monday Jan 23 21:22:47 2017 from 192.168.2.84

echo $PWD’>’

/bin/sh -c “cd "/home/ubuntu/cuda-wrokspace";export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib":${LD_LIBRARY_PATH};"/home/ubuntu/cuda-wrokspace/particles"”;exit

ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ echo $PWD’>’

/home/ubuntu>

ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ /bin/sh -c “cd "/home/ubuntu/cuda-wrokspace";export LD_ LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib":${LD_LIBRARY_PATH};"/home/ubuntu/cuda -wrokspace/particles"”;exit

/bin/sh: 1: /home/ubuntu/cuda-wrokspace/particles: Permission denied

logout

Have you ever seen this issue? Please comment, thanks

Does this directory actually exist? I’m thinking possibly the typo in your copy and paste is not really a typo…that a non-existent directory might be named which shows up as a permissions error. See:

Compare:

/home/ubuntu/cuda-wrokspace/particles
/home/ubuntu/cuda-workspace/particles

Perhaps also if some part of the code was originally compiled sudo, but now you run without sudo, an intermediate location may not be writable now without sudo. If the file name typo above is not the issue, does running this sudo help?

it’s just typo error. Don’t care about this.

How to run with sudo? I already chmod all the folder (local and remote) with sudo chmod 777, but still same issue.

I use wireless connection but ssh works.

You might consider running via “strace -oLogName.txt ”. This generates a huge log file listing all system calls to the kernel. You could probably “egrep -i ‘(permission|denied)’ LogName.txt” and see a list of permission issues. Perhaps a device special file or socket will show up.

In most cases if you use a pager like “less” on a log file you could go to the end of the file and then search backwards more efficiently than searching forwards (almost all of the useful program failure information is at the end). Do know that if you use strace most commands imply “success” if it ends “= 0”, and failure if “= -1” or some non-zero value. The complication is that many many calls are intended to be there which return “-1” because of going through environment setup…it might have a lot of failed calls because it is going through different fonts and languages until it reaches an accepted language; default locations will be searched for some resources, and these too will fail until it reaches the resource it finds acceptable…but if you find a file or resource named which is fatal to functioning, then you are a short step away from being able to fix the permissions since it is the kernel itself telling you what caused permissions to be rejected (this bypasses what the program chose to give for debug information).

I have the same problem, try to build application remotely from host to Jetson TX1 through Nsight Eclipse and I get:
echo $PWD’>’
/bin/sh -c “cd "/home/ubuntu";export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib64":${LD_LIBRARY_PATH};"/home/ubuntu/test_dinara"”;exit
ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ echo $PWD’>’
/home/ubuntu>
ubuntu@tegra-ubuntu:~$ /bin/sh -c “cd "/home/ubuntu";export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/cuda-8.0/lib64":${LD_LIBRARY_PATH};"/home/ubuntu/test_dinara"”;exit
/bin/sh: 1: /home/ubuntu/test_dinara: Permission denied
logout
Interesting, what 1 mounth later I didn`t have this problem, but something gone bad…
So, how did you solve this problem, could you tell me about your solution? Thanks)

I see this:

/home/ubuntu/test_dinara: Permission denied

Is “test_dinara” an executable file, or is it a directory? If it is a directory, then this would explain it…if it is an application, what is “ls -l /home/ubuntu/test_dinara”? Also, when you are logged in locally to the Jetson, can you execute this without the error? Does this application produce a graphical interface, or is it strictly command line?

Sorry, the problem fixed, thanks to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Mi3MRKtg2M