Removing Delay from Cboot - Xavier NX

Hi,

I’m trying to recompile cboot_t194.bin so that the cboot delay is removed.

I’m using Jetpack 4.5.1, and downloaded source files from “https://developer.nvidia.com/l4t-jetson-xavier-c-boot-sources

There is a readme file that specifies: “2. Export the cross compiler tools with the following enviroment variables:
export CROSS_COMPILE=<your_64-bit_ARM_toolchain_triple>”

Thus I set the variable as such:

export CROSS_COMPILE=/home/alexis/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-

However when compiling with:

make -C ./bootloader/partner/t18x/cboot PROJECT=t194 TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX="${CROSS_COMPILE}" DEBUG=2 BUILDROOT="${PWD}"/out NV_TARGET_BOARD=t194ref NV_BUILD_SYSTEM_TYPE=l4t NOECHO=@

I get the following errors:

/bin/bash: c/home/alexis/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-size: No such file or directory
make/build.mk:18: recipe for target '/home/alexis/Downloads/cboot/out/build-t194/lk.elf' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/alexis/Downloads/cboot/out/build-t194/lk.elf] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/alexis/Downloads/cboot/bootloader/partner/t18x/cboot'
makefile:13: recipe for target '_top' failed
make: *** [_top] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/home/alexis/Downloads/cboot/bootloader/partner/t18x/cboot'

Could you help me understand where the errors come from?

Looks like it is just you export the wrong path for your toolchain.

Hi @WayneWWW,

It should be correct, I have the folder in my /home/user direction (user being “alexis”) and used as similar export command as is described in the L4T documentation: https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/xavier_toolchain.html#wwpID0EDHA

I fixed the issue. I simply moved the cboot directory from my Downloads folder, and into my /home/user folder

If files are in their standard locations under Ubuntu 18.04, then you could just add this symbolic link:

cd /home/alexis/gcc-linaro-7.3.1-2018.05-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu/bin
# The "." is important:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-size .

Looks like there are a number of aarch64-linux-gnu- utilities in “/usr/bin”, and when installing the cross toolchain the working CROSS_COMPILE location does not necessarily have all of them available unless you add the symbolic link yourself.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.